Rcom workshop @ Wikimania 2012
Page on Rcom activities at Wikimania 2012"
Pre-workshop preparations Rcom Meet up 
When: Thursday, July 12 from 18:00 to 19:00 (if we need more time we could stay a bit longer and/or re-meet after the GLAM panel at 9:30) Where: At GLAM reception: http://wikimania2012.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM_Night_Out Contact: Mayo's phone: Phone United States: 001 - 8576548231
- Preparing Rcom workshop on Saturday at 10:30: http://wikimania2012.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/Wikipedia_%26_Research:_A_love%E2%80%93hate_relationship
- Discussing the stage of Rcom:
See proposal by Dario: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Committee/Reorganization
Rcom Workshop: Wikipedia & Research: A love–hate relationship 
- When: Saturday, July 14 10:30 – 11:50
- Where: Room 309
- See final plan: http://wikimania2012.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/Wikipedia_%26_Research:_A_love%E2%80%93hate_relationship
Workshop agenda (70 minutes)
In the previous talk "The State of Wikimedia Scholarship 2011-2012" on Thursday (the first Wikimania day), Mako Hill will present a review of the research itself. In this workshop, instead of presenting the "research content" itself, we will address the question of the relationship between Wikipedia and Research, and the role of he Research Committe.
Moderator: Mayo Fuster Morell
- Brief presentation of the Rcom members. If there is not too many people, we will do a round presentation of everybody.
- The relationship between Wikipedia and Research: The state of the debate and identify possible next steps/horizons.
- General update on Rcom (its origin and goal, resources provided and what has achieved so far), and presentation of specific areas of Rcom work:
- Discussion to rethink Rcom functioning, goal and plan for next year.
Workshop participants/contributors 
RCom Members: Melanie Kill, Daniel Mietchen (User:Mietchen), Yaroslav Blanter (User:Ymblanter), Cheryl Moy (User:MichChemGSI) and Mayo Fuster Morell (User:Lilaroja and Amical Viquipedia).
Other researchers: Benjamin Mako Hill, Felipe Ortega, Dariusz Jemielniak and Aaron Shaw.
Other people that might be interested to attend the workshop: List of people subscribed to research related events in Wikimania. Such as: http://wikimania2012.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/The_State_of_Wikimedia_Scholarship_2011-2012