Ahirani Wikipedia 
||This language has been verified as eligible.
The language is eligible for a project, which means that the subdomain can be created once there is an active community and a localized interface, as described in the language proposal policy. You can discuss the creation of this language project on this page. (See an unofficial analysis of this request.)
- Project name: Wikipedia in Ahirani
- The name of the project in the requested language; for example, "Wikipédia"
- Project namespace:
- The name of the namespace for project pages like policies; usually the same
as the project name.
- Project_talk namespace: Discussion Wikipedia in Ahirani
- The name of the discussion namespace for project pages like policies; for
example, "Wikipedia talk" in English.
- Wiki logo: Wikipedia svg Wikipedia-logo-hi.png
- The name of the wiki logo uploaded to the Wikimedia Commons, like
"Wikipedia-logo-v2-pl.png" (see logo).
- Default timezone: IST (GMT+5.30)
- The default timezone on the wiki, like "CET (UTC+1)". This is usually the
- User interface: See Translatewiki.
|Please read the handbook for requesters for help using this template correctly.
Ahirani language is spoken by million people in central Maharashtra region of India. Ahirani is the most popular and frequently spoken language in "Khandesh". Although having over million speakers, Ahirani can be considered as one of the endangered language due to vast majority of people speaking Ahirani belongs to financially poor regions. But on the other side, computers are reaching to every nook and corner of villages and hence it is very important that to include Ahirani language in Wikipedia so as people from villages will be able to read/write articles and also it will help language to not to get diminished.
Almost 95 % of the total population speaks this language in Khandesh. The Main Areas are Dhule, Jalgaon, Nandurbar, Part of Nasik & Aurangabad in maharasthra state of India. All of the Tehsils like Amalner,Sakri, Dondaich, Shirpur, Taloda, Shahada, Dhadgaon, Akkalkuwa, Parola, Erondol, Satana, Malegaon, Baglan people do speak this language. Also, in Gujrat, Surat, vyara, etc., in M.P. Amba- Varla and around, AHIRANI is spoken. Akhil Bhratiya Khandesh Academy registered NGO is working on developing its importance. The name Ahirani itself throws light on it. Khandesh is an area surrounded by Satpuda, Ajanta and Chandwad ranges, and Waghur river. Ahirani is today spoken in the Jalgaon, Nandurbar, Dhule and Nashik (Baglan, Malegaon and Kalwan tehsils) districts of Maharashtra, India. It is further divided into dialects such as Chalisgaon, Malegaon and Dhule group. Borrowing and bending the words from Hindi, Marathi and Gujarati, Ahirani has created its own words not found in any of these languages.
Ahirani is basically in colloquial form and uses the Devanagari script for its writing. Bahinabai Chaudhari is a well-known poet in Ahirani, and the study of her literature is studied and included in Marathi language. But the language in her poems is different from Ahirani. Some say the poet is not Ahirani, but Lewa. But Lewa and Ahirani are sub-dialects of Khandeshi. So Khandeshi is the term or concept that merges all disputes. It is a wide region-based concept.
* Location spoken: Central/North region of Maharashtra State in India.
Arguments in favour 
- Support : Number of speakers of Ahirani language are Over 1 million of people and hence it deserves to be created on Wikipedia. Sukdeo_Sapkale
- Support : Ahirani language uses the Devanagari script for its writing and hence no additional types of fonts are required. Devanagari script is already used in Marathi Wikipedia.
- Support : Linguistic study of Ahirani is available in Dr. R.S. Suryawanshi's Seven books on Ahirani Language.
- Support : Although Ahirani language which is spoken in majority of non-metro cities of India, However as the Information Technology is reaching every nook and corner of Ahirani region, This regions are growing in speed and in 2-3 years, they will be superpower cities of India.
- Ahirani – Bhasha Vidnyanic AbhyasBy.Dr. Ramesh Suryawanshi published by Akashya Prakashan, Pune in 1997
- Ahirani ShabdkoshaBy.Dr. Ramesh Suryawanshi published by Akashya Prakashan, Pune in 1997
- Ahirani Mhani ani Wakprachar Kosha –By.Dr. Ramesh Suryawanshi, published by Akashya Prakashan, Pune in 1997
- Khandeshatil Krushak Jivan Sachitra Kosha By.Dr. Ramesh Suryawanshi and published by Marathi Sahitya Sanskruti Mandal in 2002
- Khandeshatil Mhani (Vargikarnatmak)By.Dr. Ramesh Suryawanshi Pub.by- Abhyasika, Kannad. Dist Aurangabad June -2010 Pages 224
- Boli Aani Praman Bhasha(Khandeshi)By.Dr. Ramesh Suryawanshi Pub.by-Abhyasika, Kannad. Dist Aurangabad June -2010
- Loksahitya Aani Abhyas Vishay(Khandeshi)By.Dr. Ramesh Suryawanshi Pub.by-Abhyasika, Kannad. Dist Aurangabad June -2010
- Ahirani Shabdkosha By.Dr. Ramesh Suryawanshi Pub.by-Abhyasika, Kannad. Dist Aurangabad 26th January -2013
- Support : Poems in ahirani language by "Bahinabaai" available on Indian books stores all over the world.
Ahirani Global Events 
- 4th Akhil Bhartiya Ahirani Sahitya Samelan was organized in Nasik at Kalidas Kala Mindar on 3rd and 4th Dec 2011 under the presidency of Prof Shakuntalatai Chavan. Chief of First Akhil Bhartiya Ahirani Sahitya was Prof Raja Mahajan, Chief of second Akhil Bhartiya Ahirani Sahitya was Prof. Sadashiv Mali, and chief of Third Akhil Bhartiya Ahirani Sahitya was eminent linguists Dr. Ramesh Suryawanshi.
Arguments against 
Other discussion 
- Ahirani is consdered to be dialect of Marathi language.Untill they complete interface translations , for untransalated messages Marathi language interface can be used.
- First level of Marathi language wikipedia help pages is good; and it can be imported untill they complete their help page translations to ahirani wikipedia.
- The language is close enough to Marathi language for any future reliable Machine translation support.
- I am burocrat at Marathi language wikipedia mainly working on help pages and awareness of various wikipedia values. Personally I am not an ahirani speaker but can understand and gude them various wikipedia values online and on field (if invited to do so).
- I know few Ahirani language experts personally and will get them involved in the project to take care of "verify test project content with a reliable neutral source, such as a professor or expert."
- I will continuously this project Mahitgar (He who knows ,wants to know and and loves to keep others informed) (talk) 04:28, 6 July 2012 (UTC)
Proposed by 
Ahirani language Creation Proposal Team 
Alternative names 
Related projects/proposals 
NGO 'Akhil Bharatiya Khandesh Academy" is working on Ahirani langauge, as well as social Khandesh and cluctural ascepts of Khandesh.
Domain names 
Mailing list links 
People interested 
- Deepak Sapkale ( Software Engineer )
- Sukdeo Sapkale ( Msc Agriculture)
- Dr.Ramesh Suryavansh (PhD in languistic, Author)