Vegliot Dalmatian Wikipedia 
||This proposal has been rejected.
This decision was taken by the language committee in accordance with the Language proposal policy based on the discussion on this page. (See an unofficial analysis of this request.)
The closing committee member provided the following comment:
No new wikipedias are accepted for extinct languages. GerardM
10:53, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
Dalmatian language, which is called also Vegliot or Veklisun after city of Veglio or Krk where it was originally spoken is language from romance family, but with some elements from old language of Illyrian tribe of Dalmatia.
Dalmatian died out in 1898, but Italian ethnologist M. G. Bartoli recorded its words and grammar in his book titled "Das Dalmatisch" so today some people are working on its reconstruction and revival.
- Support This is really nice project, and I will try to help it.--Tpok3 15:00, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
- Support --Chabi 18:58, 15 January 2009 (UTC)
- Support --Xxxxxx333 12:58, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
- Support --User:nikola 14:45, 03 April 2009 (UTC)
- Weak support --Considering that I have recently written two stub-articles in the test-project, and that I'm currently studying the language, I guess that I kind of support this proposal. It has a valid code, it is well attested (so there is not so much need for neologizing), and there are people willing to form a community. Of course, I'm well aware of the fact that the project will probably never open, but on the other hand I would like to give it a chance: first, I'm waiting to see whether the criterion for native speakers is disputed again (there is still much discontent about it by language revivers/rescuers such as me or 2Q), and second, I want to see if the test-project develops further within the next few months. Eventually, the policy doesn't change we could try moving the test to Incubatorplus, but for now it would be more useful to keep it in a well-respected Wikimedia project such as the Incubator. By the way, I am making an appeal to the community members to stop claiming that they are native speakers of dlm, no matter how good they know can write it or recite it. Such claims ridicule the proposal and give the impression that it is a just a fanboy joke. Also, I would like to see some more "academic" external links about the reconstruction of the language, if possible. Omnipaedista 06:25, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support Hi all, I'm really interested in this project and I would like to help in any way possible, but it's just that I've started learning the language about a week ago(that was the first time I ever heard of it),so I guess i can't do much right now. I hope to see more links about the language. I'd also like to see where from you (experienced vegliot speakers) learned or learn it. (I'll be checking this section regularly.If you need my mail,I'll provide it).Byee.--18.104.22.168 08:09, 10 June 2009 (UTC)Ivan
General discussion 
Now we have a Vegliot - Croatian wordlist/dictionary. There is also another address about vegliot language
Why is this request failed ?