Requests for new languages/Wikiversity Estonian
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
||This language has been verified as eligible.
The language is eligible for a project, which means that the subdomain can be created once there is an active community and a localized interface, as described in the language proposal policy. You can discuss the creation of this language project on this page. (See an unofficial analysis of this request.)
- Language details: Estonian (Estonia, et ISO 639-1)
- Editing community: —
- List your user name if you're interested in editing the wiki. Add "N" next to your
name if you are a native speaker of this language.
- Relevant pages: betawikiversity
- External links:
|Please read the handbook for requesters for help using this template correctly.
Arguments in favor
- Support. Based on the number of active contributors the Estonian Wikiversity has been one of the most active projects in Betawikiversity in recent months. We have a small but commited community who is very much interested in establishing an independent Estonian Wikiversity. --Hans Poldoja 16:04, 3 November 2009 (UTC)
- Comment This has to be obvious in the people who state they want to contribute to this project on this page. GerardM 16:44, 3 November 2009 (UTC)
- Support. My current 3+1 (one was compiled by me, but taught by another person) courses running on Wikiversity are all considered successful by participants and I plan to go on. I also agree with Hans - our user base is likely to grow, plus we also have got a suitable research entity to coordinate Wikiversity-based work in the Centre for Educational Technology at Tallinn University. KaidoKikkas 17:56, 3 November 2009 (UTC)
- (+) Support. Project active and participants committed. Hillgentleman 14:54, 7 November 2009 (UTC)
- Currently 93.73% of the MediaWiki core and 46.48% of the messages used in extensions used by the WMF have been localised. Thanks, GerardM 16:33, 3 November 2009 (UTC)