Talk:Chapters meeting 2009/Brainstorming
Wikimedia Indonesia Wish List
Hi, I don't want to ruin the article in front since I have a different format for the wish list, so here goes. The wish list is already kicked off to the other founders through our mailing list, this is not a final list and changes/ edits/ addition most likely to happen. Serenity.id 08:42, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
collaboration between chapters
- We would like to know best practice and lesson learned for Wikimania 2007 in Taipei from WMTW. In terms of funding, volunteer organizing, etc. Would like to see if any of them are applicable for Bali, Indonesia 2012 Wikimania.
- We would like to know the collaboration between Creative Commons and WMDE - that they end up in the same office.
- We would like to know how Wikimedia Serbia act as umbrella organization (I hope this word is English) handled Creative Commons in Serbia as one of its initiative. During conversation with Filip, I understand this is a one person initiative, Indonesia have two lawyer volunteers already, so it would be interesting to know how things might develop. But Q&A session is definetly needed.
- On a personal analysis, if fundraising on 2009 objective is to raise money, it certainly not happening in Indonesia. If one could blame on anything for this, I would like to blame the not-so-Indonesian-user-friendly donation channel to donate money.
- On January 3,09 Subject Fundraise analysis Ronald wrote: "There may be some noise in the outcome for USD as also people outside the USA might use the USD as currency. But looking to the home currencies that are present, I believe this disturbing effect is marginal".
- On Dec 2008 Wikipedia Bahasa Indonesia receive 700 thousand page view compares to the highest page viewing site detik.com which is about 8-10 million (according to unofficial source) Google analysis. There are 70 user identify as active, but only half identify most active. I know for sure 45 people is dedicated to WBI (Wikipedia Bahasa Indonesia), but how many user actually care to donate?
- So what is an Indonesian user friendly donation channel? If possible we would like a complete block for Indonesian banner, saying in Indonesia only 1) fundraising 2) give the local bank account - hopefully the Indonesian user reading this will freak out and think that Indonesian has been disconnected from the world, no one would subsidized them, and start thinking to support their own knowledge (I know it's evil, but hey..)
- To make a point to WMF that WMID interest is only to see the respond. I say forget 50 percent, whatever we raise during that period, 100 percent will go to WMF. If things work 1) WMF will reach their objective 2) We make our point about better ways of doing fund raising in Indonesia. If it didn't work, lesson learned, we can do whatever path the rest of the world choose. Though it is intersting to say to the press that we have a poor result >:D
- Though GNU Free License is a great idea, to Indonesian law, it doesn't exist legally. We're hopeful that through Creative Commons, GNU will have a stand legally.
current activities of chapters
- Mid Feb - Press Conference to announce WBI 100,000 article.
- Seminars for teachers and university student in June & July, in Bandung, West Java.
- Anything else will be pending subject to WMID trustees approval of Executive Director's budget proposal.
- None in pursue yet
press & PR
- Mid Feb Press conference (as above) - no official link made to Indonesian press yet, we haven't do Grand Launching for WMID establishment.
- We would like to be granted a trademark agreement with WMF.
- WMID is officially established and now waiting for highest/final legal status granted from the ministry of legal affairs.
working with volunteers
- We may have an official part time intern on March. Already receive request, said yes, absolutely; but the truth is haven't established a win-win system that will be beneficial for both part yet.
cooperation with institutions & governments
- Will probably borrowed Dept Communication & Information space (again) for the Press Con in Mid Feb.
- Will try to established contact with Dept of Education
- Still keep a low profile, our focus in the short future is probably just open up membership for public.
- The PR strategy - what strategy plans do we have for the next years? The awareness of the 'brand' wikipedia is quite high but the public don't know how WP works, who and what's behind it etc. (at least in Germany) - in my understanding we need to do more educational work - I would like to exchange opinions
- In Germany we do not only react to press inquiries but develop own ideas and projects, we are proactive to communicate quality, handling of online-information in general, community life etc. topics which could be of interest for media and/or public - a brainstorming to exchange ideas to reach new target groups could be good
- a workshop according to the motto: 'be brave' - where we could discuss visions and advanced projects (i.e.what will Wikipedia be in 10 years....)
- the subject 'Merchandising' - conceptual and logistical - is an interesting issue and a big one as well
Results on Commons
Hi, I have a simple question. Will be there some summaries, audio discussions available on Commons? Other people are interested too.--Juan de Vojníkov 00:06, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
- Audio / video recordings of the talks at least would be a great resource. Mike Peel 22:55, 9 March 2009 (UTC)