Talk:Research Committee/Areas of interest/Subject recruitment processes/Meeting 2011-01-18
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
This will be the first meeting specifically for discussing subject recruitment within Wikimedia Projects for research. Mani and Parul, who are working on the Wikipedia Annual survey, will be joining us.
- When: 18:00, 18 January 2011 (UTC)
- How: Skype (add aaron.halfaker as a contact)
- Who are you?
- Why are you here?
- What would you like to work on?
- History of WP:Recruitment and SRAG
- The problem
- A proposed solution
- Directions and goals
- what percent of users on different Wikipedias have verified email addresses? [will be figured out by someone at the Foundation]
- transport part of SRAG discussion to Meta [Aaron and Dario]
- thought is that we might not want to include the bot, because there might be better ways to communicate, such as email or banners
- proposal for banner, that would have some stats sampling sensitivity [Mani is working on this within the Foundation]
- sample by editor experience, interest, ... [John]
- Goal is to have researchers accept some bureaucracy in trade for getting much more power in sampling
- perhaps use banners that would be sensitive to the number of page views that users do
- long-term perhaps a goal for having users express broader information about themselves and have that information within a database that can be used for selection