Tell us about Nepal Bhasa Wikipedia
This page belongs to the project Tell us about your Wikipedia.
Nepal Bhasa 
- Wikimedia Statistics can be difficult to interpret. What is your impression, how many steady contributors do you have?
Besides bots, user Eukesh is the only steady contributor. However, there have been numerous contributions from Subashram, Tayeju, Newawiki, Kushal one, Eusmika, Kathmandu 2007, Desiphral, Rajeevmass etc.
- Are your contributors mostly native speakers?
Mostly they are.
- Where do your contributors live (regions/country)?
Well, they live in various places. They live in Kathmandu valley mostly but many significnt editors live or work in other places like US, UK, Germany, Japan etc.
- How common is it that your contributors meet in real life?
Due to the geographical distribution, it is very rare for the contributors to meet in real life.
Other Wikipedias 
- Do you have special contacts with other Wikipedias (maybe in related languages)?
Yes we do. We wish to have contact with all wikipedia one day.
- We have good relation with at least some user from Nepali, Hindi, Romani, Marathi, Sanskrit, Bengali, Bishnupriya Manipuri, Tamil, Amharic, Vietnamese, Assamese, Panjabi, Fiji Hindi, Gujrati, Sindhi, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Alemannic wikipedia. See Nepal Bhasa Embassy as well.
- We are trying to establish contact with other South Asian wikipedia like Sinhale, Divehi, Urdu, Bod Skad, Dzonkha etc.
- We are also trying to establish relation wit other Indic/Brahmi derived languages such as Burmese, Khmer, Thai, Lao, Korean etc.
- Our users are involved in looking up after South Asian wikipedia which have been abandoned such as Pali, Kashmiri, Bhojpuri, Oriya, Bod Skad, Dzonkha.
- Our members are interested in helping incubator projects of South Asia such as Maithili, Konkani etc.
- Do you translate a lot from other Wikipedias? Which ones?
We translate as well as incorporate good features from other wikipedia. The languages from which we translate the most are as follows (in no specific order)-
- Bishnupriya Manipuri
The translations form English are mainly related to technology and those from other wikipedia are mainly related to the geography, history, biographu, lists, data etc of the specific locale of the wikipedia.
Some of the features which we have incorporated are
- From Amharic wikipedia (special thanks to User Tatari) we incorporated JS code for non Latin input system with a switching system. This system has been modified and used by almost all South Asian wikipediae which faced the problem of input system.
- From Vietnamese wikipedia user, we learnt how to incorporate and invoke the transliteration script in wikipedia itself.
- From Bishnupriya Manipuri (User Usingha) and Tamil (User Ganeshk), we learned how to use bots
- From Bengali wikipedia, we developed our mainpage index, an idea which has found roots in other South Asian wikipediae as well
- From Marathi and French wikipedia, we developed our extended edittools.
- From Malayalam wikipedia, we have taken the code for the switchbox in Search
- From Telugu, we took the code to toggle which was not working properly previously.
Organization and support 
- Is there a Wikimedia chapter in your country? How does your language relate to it?
There is no wikimedia chapter in Nepal. Users from other nations have no relation with the local chapters.
- Are there work groups in other organizations about Wikipedia?
There is no formal workgroup in any other organization. However, some other organizations which have been helping us are-
- Newawiki (an encyclopedia of Newars)
- Nepal Language Project (open source Nepal Bhasa Dictionary and translation project)
- Jwjalapa dot com and jwajalapa discussion forum
- Newa Blog (Nepal Bhasa bloggers)
- Madan Puraskar Pustakalaya
Your Wikipedia and the linguistic community 
- Is there a language institution for your language, like an Academy, or a club of people interested in your language? Do you have contact with them?
There are Nepal Bhasa Academy, Nepal Bhasa Parishad and various other organizations. We do have contact with some of them.
- Who (else) supports you?
Many people are very optimistic about this project. Many writers who do not have access to internet are interested about the project as well.
- What does the public outreach for your edition look like? Do you have flyers, give lectures, training etc.?
It is mostly limited to a few lectures and internet interactions like forums, chats, discussions. Some of the writers in the language (who may or may not edit in wikipedia, depending upon the degree of access to internet) discuss about the program in pubic mass meetings.
- Do you get feedback from readers?
Yes, a lot considering the small population who can read the language. Mostly about grammar, text rendering etc.
- What other encyclopedias exist in your language?
- Does your edition concentrate on certain topics, like your region and language, or Latin Wikipedia on Roman history and Christianity?
We mostly concentrate on List of articles and if possible more. We have lots of written information about ourselves. So, we mostly try to focus on what we dont have in our language. Hence, we have more articles about other parts of the world than about out part.
- Did your edition enjoy text donations, for example from older encyclopedias?
No, but many of the writers are very keen on donating their encyclopedic articles (or part of them). It is mostly limited due to lack of proper OCR.
- Is there a generally accepted norm about your language (spelling, dictionary, pronunciation)?
There is. Nepal Bhasa has standard grammar like other language, which governs the norm of the language. About spelling, there is also standard rules, however people do make mistakes in writing like (wo>o:: व > ओ )
There are several dictionaries published in the language.
The language is written as it is pronounced, therefore the conflict of pronounciation is not present.
- How do you deal with different spellings, dialects etc. (like B.E. lift and A.E. elevator)?
The standard Nepal Bhasa does discriminates the difference in dialect and does not have place for other dialect. However, we try to preserve other dialects with redirection and keep the one considered as standard as the main article.
See also 
- Main/Front page of your Wikipedia: नेपालभाषा विकिपिडिया