WikiConference India 2011/Submissions/Wikione - One line for many questions
This is an open submission for WikiConference India 2011.
- 16:11, 9 August 2011 (UTC)
- Title of the submission
- Wikione - One line for many questions
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, or presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Lalith Harshith Dogiparthi (lalithharshith)
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- State of your origin (Country, if you are not based in India)
- Andhra Pradesh
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (maximum 500 words)
Wikipedia the online encyclopedia helped in quenching the thirst of many knowledge aspirants for the past 10 years.Whenever a user searches for an article his 1st online destination is wikipedia, there is no doubt in that.But Wikipedia provides huge amount of data regarding the user query,my point is that in most cases the user is a casual user who just wanted to know exactly what it is in few words.Unfortunately the abstract is too big, so i propose that wikipedia should add a new column to every article "the one line description - which conveys the meaning possibly in one line".This will be a great advantage to casual users and saves time for other users too.This proposed idea could also reduce the size of offline database too.I believe that this idea could bring phenomenal change in Wikipedia.
- Track (Community/Knowledge/Outreach/Technology)
- Will you attend Wikiconference if your submission is not accepted?
- If scholarship is provided.
- Slides or further information (optional)