WikiConference India 2011/Submissions/Wikitaxonomy
This is an open submission for WikiConference India 2011.
- 06:04, 30 August 2011 (UTC)
- Title of the submission
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, or presentation)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- State of your origin (Country, if you are not based in India)
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
Krishi Vigyan Kendra, CPCRI(RS), (Indian Council of Agricultural Research)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (maximum 500 words)
In India we have a very few good taxonomists in zoology and botany. They are scattered all over the country. The main difficulty faced by many biological students is the proper identification of collected specimens. Even though modern techniques such as gene mapping etc. is there it is still not reachable to many. So in this context, if we start a taxonomy database based on keys and pictures and other related information, it will be useful to a large number of Indian students.
- Track (Community/Knowledge/Outreach/Technology)
- Will you attend Wikiconference if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)