Wikimedia-l is the mailing list for all Wikimedia-wide matters, whether they concern projects, chapters, other affiliated groups, or the Wikimedia Foundation. It is the successor to the foundation-l mailing list, which was renamed to wikimedia-l in April 2012.
This description is shown on https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l and will be intermittently updated with consensus changes from this page.
Discussion list for the Wikimedia community and the larger network of organizations (Wikimedia Foundation, chapter organizations, affiliates, partners) supporting its work.
This mailing list can, for example, be used for:
- The initial planning phase of potential new Wikimedia projects and initiatives
- Organizational issues of the Wikimedia Foundation, chapter organizations, others
- Discussing the setup of local Wikimedia chapters
- Developing and evaluating grant-making programs
- Planning elections, polls and votes
- Discussion of projects that don't already have a mailing list
- Finding ways to raise funds
- Other Wikimedia-related issues
This is a high traffic mailing list. The list is moderated, and is publicly archived. Participants are asked to remain civil and stay on topic. There has been a soft quota of 30 posts per individual per month since November 2009. Stats are useful to keep (self) discipline. Please see the Guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines .
The Wikimedia-l list is archived in numerous places; among them: