Wikimedia affiliation models/Movement Partners
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
- This page is still in draft mode. Movement Partner candidates currently cannot apply yet until the procedures are finished. This isn't expected to happen before the end of 2012.
Please help improve these draft parameters through edits or suggestions on the talk page.
- Name: Wikimedia Movement Partners
- Mission: Variable; like minded organizations which are supporting the Wikimedia movement's work
- Territorial range: Variable: global, regional, national
- Incorporation: Any; external to the wikimedia movement
- Minimum rights:
- Recognition as supporters of the wikimedia movement
- Relevant trademark use
- Simplified access to grants
- Minimum duties:
- Visible support of wikimedia and its projects
- Trademark use: Limited use of the marks on websites and promotional material, via agreement with the WMF.
- Origin of funds: Any; external to the Wikimedia movement. They may have access to Wikimedia grants as per minimum rights
- Relationship with overlapping entities: Cooperation with Wikimedia entities in region
- Board and membership: Any
- Transparency and communication: Full info about organizers
- Recognition from: WMF or Chapters
- Minimum requirements for recognition: An outside group supporting the movement; and supported by us. Simple recognition process, reviewed yearly. Intended for scores of affiliates, or hundreds if it grows to encompass local affiliates.
- Recognition document: Public listing on meta; email to contact person
- Reporting requirements: Their partner/liaisons within the Wikimedia movement should maintain a wiki page about their related work, and any collaborations with Wikimedia groups.
- Mentoring and support: This may be needed, to help them effectively share our message, and to support collaborations.
- Change of status possible: Needs discussion. Some partners could become thematic organizations.
- Withdrawal of recognition: Needs discussion; by or with recommdations by AffCom
- Examples: Mozilla, Creative Commons, WikiEducator, Freenode