|This page is a proposal for a new Wikimedia Foundation Sister Project.|
|Project name:||What is the proposed name for the project?||Allrightsreserved
|Project description:||What is the project purpose? What will be its scope?
How would it benefit to be part of Wikimedia?
|Multilingual wiki(s):||Will there be many language versions or just on one multilingual wiki?|
|Multilingual:||Is the project going to be in one language or in many?||
|Technical challenges:||If the project requires any new features that the MediaWiki software currently doesn't have, please describe in detail. Are additional MediaWiki extensions needed for the project?|
Allrightsreserved is a new website proposed for the purpose of hosting contents currentlty tagged with commons:Template:Copyright by Wikimedia, commons:Template:Copyright by Wikimedia Deutschland and commons:Template:Copyright by Wikimedia Polska and hosted at Wikimedia Commons.
Unlike Flickr or Picasaweb, Wikimedia Commons should be and remain a 100% Free media repository.
The creation of that new website will enable to remove the sentence (the only non-free-licensed exceptions hosted here are Wikimedia logos and other designs which are copyrighted by the Wikimedia Foundation) from commons:commons:Licencing#Acceptable licenses and have Wikimedia Commons be true to its duty to have no Exemption Policy ( see the with the exception of Wikimedia Commons wording in foundation:Resolution:Licensing policy.
See also :
- en:All rights reserved (on the meaning of that expression)
- First request for deletion (starded on 8 May 2005) Result was Keep
- Second request for deletion (started on 2 September 2005) Result: ongoing vote.
- Jimbo Wales "I would vote to delete them" (20 September 2005)
- commons:Commons talk:Alter Wikimedia Commons policy to allow Wikimedia logos (November 2005)
- Story on wikifr-list (November 2010) about an unknown website that apparently picked up a "wikipedia logo with laurels" from Commons to illustrate an award ceremony of their own.
- commons:Commons:Deletion requests/File:The State of Wikipedia by JESS3.ogv (2011) an Unfree video with an animation based on the Wikipedia logo
- commons:Commons:Deletion requests/Unfree screenshots in breach of Commons:Screenshots, To create a free screenshot, article 3 (2011) Unfree screenshots containing the Wikipedia logo, in breach of the "share alike" clause of the free license.
- File:WMF at EstudanteNet (3).JPG (uploaded 4 February 2011) a Wikipedia logo "released into the public domain".
- File:Circle reflect wikipedia sky.jpg (uploaded 13 July 2006) a very nice free (???!!!) Wikipedia globe.
- commons:Commons:Deletion requests/File:Editing tutorial - Wikimédia France.ogv 4 February 2011
- File:2008 main page redesign study Cacycle 800x600.png Yet another free-unfree screenshot. Aren't users expecting a clear answer to the question "can I reuse the file" ? Yet another en:Double bind, providing evidence that Wikimedia is a another damaged family. I would have thought that Wikimedia, being located in San Francisco, would know more about the Palo Alto school and en:Gregory Bateson.
- commons:Commons:Deletion requests/File:Curved Trophy.JPG Wikimedia UK non free artwork.
Proposed by 
- Teofilo 04:07, 1 February 2011 (UTC)
Alternative names 
- Unfree Repository
- All Rights Reserved Media Repository
Related projects/proposals 
See "see also" section, above.
Domain names 
People interested 
- It would both make it easier to find wikimedia logos and make commons policys more consistent. MorganKevinJ(talk) 04:44, 1 February 2011 (UTC)
- Interesting it would need to be expanded to enable the hosting of Fair Use images and logo's, no need for "project" for images that can be handled internally by the foundation office staff Gnangarra 06:13, 1 February 2011 (UTC)
- Interesting: Commons should be entirely free! already rejected ;( --Ricordisamoa 07:28, 11 February 2013 (UTC)