Mass content adding/Countries of the world
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Intention of this subproject is to make articles about all countries of the world in all Wikipedian languages. We can use localized templates from English Wikipedia to make articles on other (especially, small) Wikipedias.
- Number of articles: around 200
- Template:Infobox Country from English Wikipedia (w:Template:Infobox Country)
- Regional templates like: w:Template:Europe, w:Template:Asia etc.
- Names of the countries (may be adopted from some free software localization).
- Names of the languages (may be adopted from some free software localization).
- First paragraph of the article or something similar.
- ... (?)
Update methods 
- Data should be updated yearly. Depending if the basic source would be English Wikipedia or CIA Fact Book, we should make timeline of update (maybe Februrary or March). Also, if similar project (i.e. something like "Wikiproject Countries") on English Wikipedia exists, people from the project should be asked for help.
- --Millosh 15:59, 23 February 2006 (UTC)