Requests for new languages/Wikinews Indonesian
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
||This language has been verified as eligible.
The language is eligible for a project, which means that the subdomain can be created once there is an active community and a localized interface, as described in the language proposal policy. You can discuss the creation of this language project on this page.
Once the criteria are met, the language committee can proceed with the approval and notify the Board of Trustees for a possible veto.
If you think the criteria are met, but the project is still waiting for approval, feel free to notify the committee and ask them to consider its approval.
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
||Example / Explanation
||id (SIL, Ethnologue)
||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...
||Language name in English
||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...
||Kenrick95 (PN), Mikhailov Kusserow (N)
You can optionally list your user name if you're a contributor to the wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
||"Wikinews" in your language
||usually the same as the project name
|Project talk namespace
||"Wikinews talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)
||Files should be uploaded to Commons, but if you want, you can enable local file uploading.
Notes: (1) files on Commons can be used on all wikis; (2) this setting can be changed afterwards; (3) uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info
); (4) localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons
||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)
|Default project timezone
||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)
||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"
||Anything else that should be set
- Support In 1901, Mahyudin Datuk Sutan Marajo published "Warta Berita" newspaper in Padang. This is the first Indonesian newspaper in latin text. Now, in Indonesia, there are many newspaper published everyday. see Category:Indonesian press and Category:Newspapers published in Indonesia. Thanks. Kenrick95 04:47, 26 March 2010 (UTC)
- Support Support - Of course, one of the largest spoken language in the world do reserve its own Wikinews. Also, Indonesia is very diverse, from Sabang to Merauke, where the white shores shimmers like tinting trinklets and the blue sea surrounds like a shield. And thats why, so many people will write news in Indonesian. Mimihitam
- Support Support —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Bennylin (talk • contribs) 09:02, 28 March 2010 (UTC).
- Support Rinto Jiang 07:18, 29 March 2010 (UTC)
- Support Support — Mikhailov Kusserow (talk) 06:54, 30 March 2010 (UTC)
- Support Support - I am newcomer in meta, somehow I am going to vote here if terms please me. Reindra 17:21, 30 March 2010 (UTC)
- Support Support - Indonesian is a major language. A news network is a step in the write direction. Kanzler31 22:18, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
- Support Support Ezagren 01:53, 16 July 2010 (UTC)
- Support A favor It would be nice to have another Wikinews project :-) Diego Grez return fire 02:01, 16 July 2010 (UTC)
- Support Support of cource :) Przykuta 16:27, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
- Support Support --J Subhi ”pamandiran” 13:07, 26 August 2010 (UTC)
- Support Support Willy2000 22:57, 30 December 2010 (UTC)
- Support Support Makassarpanassekali 13:04, 19 January 2011 (UTC)
- Support Support Matema (talk) 09:19, 10 February 2011 (UTC)
- Support Support Bluez bekztra 07:50, 2 July 2011 (UTC)
- Support Support SpartacksCompatriot (talk) 07:37, 2 December 2012 (UTC)
- Support Support 188.8.131.52 07:50, 8 December 2012 (UTC)
- Support Support S Rifqi (talk) 06:39, 18 January 2013 (UTC)