Requests for new languages/Wikinews Slovene
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
||This language has been verified as eligible.
The language is eligible for a project, which means that the subdomain can be created once there is an active community and a localized interface, as described in the language proposal policy. You can discuss the creation of this language project on this page.
Once the criteria are met, the language committee can proceed with the approval and notify the Board of Trustees for a possible veto.
If you think the criteria are met, but the project is still waiting for approval, feel free to notify the committee and ask them to consider its approval.
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
||Example / Explanation
||sl (SIL, Ethnologue)
||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...
||Language name in English
||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...
||"Wikinews" in your language
||usually the same as the project name
|Project talk namespace
||"Wikinews talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)
||Files should be uploaded to Commons, but if you want, you can enable local file uploading.
Notes: (1) files on Commons can be used on all wikis; (2) this setting can be changed afterwards; (3) uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info
); (4) localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons
||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)
|Default project timezone
||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)
||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"
||Anything else that should be set
- 'Support' The Slovene wiki is popular, we should have a Wikinews.--Kanzler31 03:05, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
- Oppose Nothing in the middle. Voting should be closed.--Reality006 23:16, 3 February 2010 (UTC)
- Note that the "recent news" section on Slovene Wikipedia has been canceled some years ago due to lack of interest. I sincerely doubt that there will be enough volunteers for this project. Yerpo 08:38, 30 March 2010 (UTC)
- I second that. If there are no people interested in maintaining the project, then it's better not to have it. When interest appears, the request can be repeated, then there should be no objections. --Tone 08:23, 1 April 2010 (UTC)
Localisation update 
- Currently 61.82% of the MediaWiki messages and 4.50% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 10:46, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
- Currently 53.51% of the MediaWiki messages and 2.91% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Localisation of these messages is a requirement before your request is finally assessed. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 11:32, 12 November 2008 (UTC)