||Discuss the creation of this language project on this page. Votes will be ignored when judging the proposal. Please provide arguments or reasons and be prepared to defend them (see the Language proposal policy).
The language committee needs to verify the language is eligible to be approved.
- Check that the project does not already exist (see list).
- Obtain an ISO 639 code
- Ensure the requested language is sufficiently unique that it could not exist on a more general wiki.
- Ensure that there are a sufficient number of native editors of that language to merit an edition in that language.
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
||Example / Explanation
||izh (SIL, Ethnologue)
||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...
||Language name in English
||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...
||"Wikipedia" in your language
||usually the same as the project name
|Project talk namespace
||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)
||Files should be uploaded to Commons, but if you want, you can enable local file uploading.
Notes: (1) files on Commons can be used on all wikis; (2) this setting can be changed afterwards; (3) uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info
); (4) localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons
||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)
|Default project timezone
||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)
||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"
||Anything else that should be set
Ingrian is a living language spoken in Russia and Estonia, with about 500 native speakers. I request to give it a chance, because Ingrian Wikipedia has some active contributers. Regards,--Tamara Ustinova 10:00, 28 December 2011 (UTC)
Arguments in favour 
- Support per above--Tamara Ustinova 10:00, 28 December 2011 (UTC)
- Support --Ontoi 12:29, 28 December 2011 (UTC)
- Support as contributor of Ingrian Wikipedia.--Nazzi 06:08, 30 December 2011 (UTC)
- Support as the starter and one who has Ižoran ancestors. Similar to Tamara, I request to give the language a chance to survive. --ɴõɴəχүsƚ 20:10, 2 January 2012 (UTC)
- Strong Support --Jugydmort 20:25, 3 January 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Kaiyr (talk) 09:56, 28 February 2012 (UTC)
- I am Ingrian, and I has advanced knowledge of Ingrian language. I will try to work on this wiki, and of course I support this proposal. Thanks.--Sakkali (talk) 14:32, 26 June 2012 (UTC)
- Support per proposer. Aig mest ei varasta (talk) 18:16, 15 November 2012 (UTC)
Arguments against 
Neutral arguments 
Other discussion