Requests for new languages/Wikiquote Breton
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Breton Wikiquote 
- We already have an active Wikipedia (more than 16 000 articles, 600 contributors, of whom 10 at least are very active) and Wiktionary (more than 4 000 articles). We are ready now to launch a new project. The mediawiki software is translated at more than 90%.
- We already have 20 articles in the test project, which makes it the 56th wikiquote (which means there are 31 official wikiquotes with less pages than us!). Our main page is complete. We are ready to become an official wikiquote!
- We have 41 articles in the test project, which makes it the 52nd wikiquote (which means there are 35 official wikiquotes with less pages than us!). We are eager to become an official wikiquote!
- We have 50 articles in the test project, which makes it the 51st wikiquote (which means there are 36 official wikiquotes with less pages than us!).
Arguments in Favour 
- It's good to start a Wikiquote in Breton. The Wikipedia and the Wiktionary run well, so a Wikiquote sounds like a good idea. --Ooswesthoesbes 06:47, 29 September 2007 (UTC)
- English: The test-project does well and I think that there is future in this project. Ποηραβασ 15:16, 30 September 2007 (UTC)
- Greek: Το δοκιμή-πρόγραμμα κάνει καλά και σκέφτομαι που είμαι εκεί μελλοντικός σε αυτό το πρόγραμμα. Ποηραβασ 15:16, 30 September 2007 (UTC)
- Seri: ßεσς-προʝεζςυα ξο γογγεβι βαʝλιπ ῴο ηεζαιςομ ʝαν γογγεβι θυςυραμ ʝαν προʝεζςυα ιςι. Ποηραβασ 15:16, 30 September 2007 (UTC)
- Very good idea!--126.96.36.199 14:47, 10 October 2007 (UTC)
- Native and active users are already doing good work on incubator for this project, it seems good to let them grow out there now. --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| 15:05, 10 October 2007 (UTC)
- All the criterias are completed: we've got an ISO 639 code, the language is unique with more than 300.000 native speakers, the test project is very active, the MediaWiki interface is completely translated! We are only waiting for the final approval. It should come very fast now, shouldn't it?Benoni 13:06, 4 November 2007 (UTC)
- Besides the fact all the criteria are fulfilled, four active users including two highly active ones are rarely found on Wikiquote - I mean, official and considered "active". It looks like that there is no reason to keep them in Incubator now. --Aphaia 19:37, 5 November 2007 (UTC)
Arguments Against 
General Discussion