Getting Error while trying to send request for correct article
When I try to send request to correct article, I constantly reseive respons of error and suggestion to try again. And so time by time. Fix it please.
-- The previous unsigned comment was sent on 1 August 2014, at 02:17 UTC, by anonymous User:22.214.171.124.
- We don't see that occuring "constantly", like what you see. And you give no real details about what you do, how you do it, and where you get the error.
- You probably have a configuration problem on your side (a bad proxy invalidating HTTPS security ? Wikiemdia now prefers using secured connections by default.
- I think it may be the cause: check the addresses of your DNS servers too, check your router if its settings have been altered by a malware redirecting web accesses to some spying site; check your PC against installed malwares; check your browser setting, test with another browser installation, or reinstall it completely (it's very easy to do with Chrome: uninstall it, delete the remaining files, plugins and caches in your user profile, and reinstal it: if you have connected Chrome to your Google account, your preferences are saved and will be synchronized again: You may also test with another new browser to see if you see a significant difference, but all major modern browsers should be supported including IE, Safari, Chrome, Chromium, Opera, Firefox).
- Without uninstalling your browser, try creating a new user account on your PC and launch the browser from it: it will use fresh user preferences (but if the bug is caused by a corrupted system, we can't offer you more help without more details about what you are trying to do, and on which wiki page precisely).
- Make sure your OS is also up to date, as well as the database of your antivirus tool. Try cleaning up also your system with some basic cleanup to save space (CCleaner may help, it's simple to use with nothing to pay for personal use).
- If your antivirus is outdated and requires you to renew a subscription, try with some no-cost antivirus like Avast. Look for some good antirootkits to cleanup your networking system:
- If you don't know how to check your router's security, try using its builtin reset to factory defaults.
- Finally check the integrity of your filesystems on your local system and user disks.
- If you are still not convinced that your system is corrupted, you may try to boot it from a Live CD (such as Ubuntu), which usually features an installation of Firefox. If your PC works with it but you still have problems, this is caused by incorrect settings in your router or home Wifi hotspot (so try to reset it to factory settings; with its documented method and reconfigure only what is needed to get the Internet connection). In all cases, try to isolate the problem where it really occurs, using as many alternatives as you can.
- verdy_p (talk) 05:03, 1 August 2014 (UTC)
Sugestão para credibilidade de página.
Um dos maiores problemas da "wiki", acredito eu, seja a credibilidade e confiabilidade da página.
Uma boa ferramenta para o problema, seria acrescentar uma barra, bem visível, no centro superior, onde o internauta dá sua opinião sobre a veracidade das informações da página. Um exemplo:
Estou pesquisando no site da NASA, informações sobre o planeta Vênus. Ao acessar a página na wiki, eu dou minha nota quanto a credibilidade das informações.
( )totalmente confiável ( )parcialmente confiável ( )não confiável ( )desconhecido
em verde em amarelo em vermelho em roxo
Acredito que todas as pessoas que entrarem na pagina, votarão em prol da wiki.
Abraço a todos.
-- The previous unsigned comment was sent by anonymous User:126.96.36.199 at 18:38 UTC, 1 August 2014.
- Isso já esteve em uso no passado, e foi desativado. Vide w:pt:Wikipédia:Avaliação de artigos#Avaliação pelos leitores (o texto está desatualizado). Helder 17:45, 1 August 2014 (UTC)
Image upload equivalent command to SSH?
We are beginning to set up a Wiki on our local network to share some works and comments about them. A big part of these works are images.
These images are on our server, accessed by SSH. The wiki is on the same server, on different but accessible folders.
I'm trying to find a way to put all those images live automatically. I mean, with command line steps or programs. I found some extensions to upload multiple files, but these does not apply easily to what I need: several folders, several locations, big number of them. And probably it would duplicate those files, which should not be done, if possible.
I suppose there is a command to insert a single image on the Wiki. This would suffice my needs. How to do it?
I tried to manually create a folder inside "wiki/images/", and put some files there (e.g. "wiki/images/f/ff/img-01.png"), but it does nott show up on the site. Also, the [ [ Image : img-01.png ] ] didn't work (if this worked, it could be enough). I guess the image pages also need to be created, and maybe some DB meta information?
Shell commands or ways to CURL some Wiki script would work. If each image page can be created this way, a way to insert some comments on those is desired.
I searched around for help pages on this subject, but couldn't find anything.
Help Needed: For Project started to improve CATEGORIES on WP
Hi, there has been a serious discussion to set up a technical system on Wikipedia that will allow users to both sort and view categories either alphabetically or by topic. Until now there is no single system or method at work in categories that has allowed them to become disorganized and, well, "un"categorized in spite of being named as such! In order to remedy this situation, please see Wikipedia:Village pump (policy)#CatVisor; Wikipedia:Village pump (policy)#JQuery workaround; Wikipedia:Village pump (policy)#Update requested, as well as the the steady work at User:Paradoctor/CatVisor; User:Paradoctor/CatVisor#Planned features; User:Paradoctor/CatVisor#JQuery workaround by Salix alba; User:Paradoctor/CatVisor#Releases (alpha 2; alpha 1; alpha 0). In order to successfully complete and implement the proposed improvements, the input and deployment of the Wikimedia Foundation is needed as well as the attention of its professional staff is required in order to successfully fully implement the project. Please direct this communication and request to the most appropriate technical and decision-making individuals. Thank you so much in advance! Yours sincerely, IZAK (talk) 01:52, 20 August 2014 (UTC)