User talk:David Gerard
If you want to contact me, please leave a message at en:User talk:David Gerard, as I'll see it much sooner than I would if you left it here.
You can also email me at email@example.com , or with the E-mail this user link.
stepping on your toes
I did not mean to edit conflict w/you. Please feel free to alter, or remove my addition. :)
NonvocalScream 14:32, 18 April 2008 (UTC)
says: "WordPress 2.6 is available! Please notify the site administrator" (We're not current?) Kylu 21:09, 21 July 2008 (UTC)
- At least it's not nagging the readers. I moved three blogs on my own site (http://rocknerd.co.uk/ , http://davidgerard.co.uk/notes/ and http://redcountess.co.uk/blog/ ) to 2.6 today. The second and third were fine because they were all but unmodified from the standard install; the first has lotsa tweaks and extensions, and I had a marvellously annoying time this afternoon fixing it up and I'm still not finished. Grah. - David Gerard 21:58, 21 July 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks for the reply. On my windows machine, I've got a "Secunia PSI" application which helpfully/annoyingly makes an alert rather akin to a siren when it notes that an installed program is insecure and out-of-date. With any luck, they'll never port the program to *nix. Kylu 23:35, 21 July 2008 (UTC)
Can you please clarify your comment? (Which part of this needs an exception?). Thanks. Rjd0060 22:11, 17 December 2008 (UTC)
- I meant in terms of who should have access ("plus whoever the arbcom deems suitable" on the list of allowed persons) - David Gerard 11:03, 19 December 2008 (UTC)
- Interesting. Thanks for clarifying. - Rjd0060 15:08, 19 December 2008 (UTC)
What are you doing?
Reversion And Respect
I hope you will not make an issue of my revert, in the spirit of your previous statement that "I shall sincerely be endeavouring to act much less of a raging arsehole, I assure you. Preferably not at all". I spent quite a bit of time making sure that compromise proposal was well-grounded, and I request you respect that effort even if you do not like me personally. -- Seth Finkelstein 01:56, 26 March 2010 (UTC)
Please stop trolling. Your accusations are false and defamatory. Moreover, they are purely attempts to personally attack me. I am being reasonably polite to you under the circumstances. You seem only to be trying to escalate and to provoke me. -- Seth Finkelstein 11:25, 26 March 2010 (UTC)
- My accusations are entirely accurate, or did you forget that I still have all the emails you sent on the subject, not to mention my correspondences with Charles Arthur? Your accusations of defamation are themselves defamatory in the UK - David Gerard 11:40, 26 March 2010 (UTC)
- Huh? Are you kidding me? There is some serious disconnect here. Is there some neutral third party with whom we can at least try to approach the same reality? And will you please "cool it", if just for the sake of not doing something that could hurt someone else? -- Seth Finkelstein 12:12, 26 March 2010 (UTC)
Asynchronous loading of images
"cc: to foundation-l"
Letter petitioning WMF to reverse recent decitions
The Wikimedia Foundation recently created a new feature, "superprotect" status. The purpose is to prevent pages from being edited by elected administrators -- but permitting WMF staff to edit them. It has been put to use in only one case: to protect the deployment of the Media Viewer software on German Wikipedia, in defiance of a clear decision of that community to disable the feature by default, unless users decide to enable it.
If you oppose these actions, please add your name to this letter. If you know non-Wikimedians who support our vision for the free sharing of knowledge, and would like to add their names to the list, please ask them to sign an identical version of the letter on change.org.