User Group > Wikimedia Algeria User Group
Algeria Wikimedians User Group
The Maghreb region has a very low activity in the Internet in general and wikimedia projects in particular, around the world, we want to introduce Algeria and the Maghreb as a specific entity that requires more attention and help promote culture through the Wikimedia projects by the community wikimedia
The Wikimedia Algeria User Group is a local User Group of the Wikimedia Foundation. Its mission is to promote the Wikimedia Foundation and its projects in Algeria. One of its core missions is to aid and encourage people to collect, develop and disseminate knowledge and other educational, cultural and historic content in the public domain or other licenses that allows everyone to freely using the knowledge, distribute and modify said content without paid.
- Mostaganem Algeria
You can join!
You would like to help out or take part ? add your name below :)
People interested in helping to create a User Group
- Orango speak!
- GHEZALTAR DISCOUTEZ?!
- bachounda - contact to sign final agreement
- Gêt Fenyan
- Perigou (talk)
- Said Tadjer
- Ramzi KAHLANE
- Trabelsi Ismail
- Lamine Bensaou
- yacine kHALDI
To talk on the project, it's in French and it goes here
- August, 5th 2014 Awareness of the necessity to establish a User Group instead of a chapter
- September, 26th 2014 The group is created and the discussions begin
Promote and make known in Algeria the many different projects of the Wikimedia Foundation.
Roles that Algerian Wikimedians User Group would play
- Promotion: Promotion of Wikimedia projects and Free content in general. To encourage the use of Wikimedia resources in education (at cultural centres, associations and Universities)
- Recruitment: To recruit contributors at Wikimedia projects. This may involve some presentations and workshop on the use of Mediawiki interface.
- Social: Organization meetings, excursion to discover collaborative work and volunteering for everyone to enjoy the open knowledge
- Research: With a local User Group, research should be easier. The User Group can work together to gather informations on a range of topics not currently covered to enlarge and enrich the algerian content.
- Algerian WikiProjects in Wikipedia's different laguages, such as : (AR, FR & EN)
- Images (Commons.wikimedia)
- Wikivoyage / Wikivoyage / ويكي الرحلات (Develop the Algerian content)
- Wikisource / Wikisource / ويكي مصدر (Wikisource) (add Algerian sources)
- Incubator to develop new local wikis (Wikipedia, Wikitionary, ...etc.)
- Wiki Loves Monuments in Algeria 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- Wiki Tour in Algeria: a trip across the country to promote Wikipedia and its sister projects.
- WikiMaghreb a two day conference where participants from Maghreb region expose their experiences and perspectives on Wikimedia projects.
- Wiki Loves Earth 2014 in Algeria.
- Wiki Loves Mosques in Algeria (project of taking pictures of minarets and mosques in Algeria)
- Workshops and meetups
- Wiki Loves Monuments 1st to 30th september 2014
- Wiki Loves Africa from 1st to 30th october 2014
- International Month of Francophone contribution from 1st to 31st october 2014
Events we think of
Events to come