Wikimedia Australia/GLAM challenge
In the lead up to GLAM-WIKI (August 6-7), Wikimedia Australia is holding an editors' challenge (like a friendly competition) with the overall theme of "Australian GLAM". GLAM stands for "Galleries, Libraries, Archives & Museums".
This challenge is open to all editors across all the Wikimedia projects. The idea is to pick your own editing theme and submit it, along with the edits you make related to it. Prizes will be awarded for the most extensive, creative, impressive, novel, broad, deep, etc edits. Please contribute in line with the projects policies. Any plagiarism will disqualify your entry.
To take part, sign your username under #Entrants before the challenge dates open. Create a user subpage (e.g. Special:Mypage/GLAM challenge) and on that page, write the theme you are choosing. List any edits you make in relation to this challenge, on that page. e.g. if you only work on a single article, list that article, otherwise, list diffs. Only list edits made during the challenge dates. When the challenge closes, put a link to your subpage next to your name under #Entrants.
This challenge is being coordinated by User:Gnangarra.
Possible themes 
- Wikipedia article/s on GLAM institution/s
- from stub to good
- expansion in breadth
- expansion in sources
- from good to featured...
- translate into another language!
- assessments of quality, to-do lists etc
- A Wikipedia article/set of articles on a GLAM institution's collection or specialisation
- Translate an Australian subject FA from en to another language Wikipedia
- Freely licensed photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons
- Improved meta-data and organisation of existing Wikimedia Commons works eg Gallery page of an institutions works
- Wikibooks e.g. b:Australian History
- Wikinews - interview someone, or report on a new exhibition, e.g. n:Mayfield Exposed! highlights artworks of Brampton high school students, n:Edinburgh Fringe festival begins
- A course on Wikiversity? See v:Category:Art history
- Scanning a book etc from an Australian GLAM institution for contributing to Wikisource
These are just suggestions; feel free to think up your own theme.
You must not be an employee of an Australian cultural institution or hold an appointed position with Wikimedia Australia. This challenge is open to participants from around the world, not just Australia. You must have a Wikimedia username (and if you edit across projects it would be nice to have unified your login!). Only edits made under your username can be submitted.
- Intent to participate: must be declared before August 4th.
- Challenge dates: 13 - 31st July inclusive. extended until August 5
- Announcement of winners: By 10 August.
- Collection Highlights, kindly donated by by the National Gallery of Australia
- Then and now: stories from the Commons, kindly donated by the Powerhouse Museum
The following prizes have kindly been donated by the Australian War Memorial;
- A Unique Flight - The Historic Aircraft Collection of the AWM
- Moments in Time - Dioramas at the Australian War Memorial
- Wartime Magazine
More to be announced!
Links of interest 
- w:Cultural institutions in Australia
- w:Category:Art museums and galleries in Australia
- w:Category:Libraries in Australia
- w:Category:Archives in Australia
- w:Category:Museums in Australia
- n:Category:Culture and entertainment
- commons:Commons:WikiProject Museums
- v:Museum photography
Ask 'em at Talk:Wikimedia Australia/GLAM challenge.
Sign your name here if you intend to take part!
- Rebecca 13:24, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
- Blnguyen 05:48, 11 July 2009 (UTC) en:User:YellowMonkey/GLAM
- Bilby 11:58, 12 July 2009 (UTC) (subpage)
- Graeme Bartlett 05:53, 13 July 2009 (UTC) (subpage)
- Ainali 16:07, 20 July 2009 (UTC) (subpage)
- Ed (talk) 03:24, 31 July 2009 (UTC) (subpage)