Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland is a Wikimedia chapter. The association was founded on March 27, 2006 in Eindhoven, and recognized by the Wikimedia Foundation as chapter. In early 2013 it had ~200 members.
In English, the association informs usually here on Meta Wiki.See for example the English language 'chapter reports'.
The Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland has a board consisting of seven members. It is (newly) elected every year on the general assembly in spring.
The current board was elected on March 23th, 2013. Its members:
- Ziko van Dijk, chair
- Frans Grijzenhout, secretary, human resources (staff)
- Paul Becherer, treasurer
- Ad Huikeshoven
- Jan Anton Brouwer, cultural projects
- Anke Pereboom, PR and communications
- Hans Muller, community and members
The WCA Council Member appointed by WMNL is Ziko van Dijk (since July 2012).
- Sandra Rientjes, director
- Denise Jansen, communications & community support
- Sindy Meijer, communications & community support
- Sebastiaan ter Burg, Coordinator Cultural Projects
- Tom Kisters, Finance Management and Administration