The projects we're working on
Currently involved communities & individuals
Discover some amazing pictures about our activities
Bengali–German Cultural Exchange Project is a knowledge sharing and collaborative project between Bengali and German Wikimedia community. The idea of this kind of challenge came from several discussion between Chattogram Wikipedia Community and WikiMUC. On this program, Wikim(p)edians from both communities will exchange the most priority articles from their respective languages and translate them in their own as the precedence of a cultural bridge. The program will contribute to reducing the cultural as well as the content gap and strengthen the bond between both communities.
It is planned as long-term cooperation between the communities, that aims at:
- Strengthening the diversity of Wikimedia projects, like Wikipedia.
- Reducing contents on Wikimedia projects related to Bangladesh and Germany.
- Reducing contents gap between both cultures.
- Learning from each other about community building and engagement.
- Learning technical skills.
You are welcome to get involved, whether as a participant, volunteer, or both. Please help us by telling your friends and by sharing this news on social media.