|← Discussion pages||Wikimedia Forums||Archives →|
The Wikimedia Forum is a central place for questions and discussions about the Wikimedia Foundation and its projects. (For discussion about the Meta wiki, see Meta:Babel.)
- @Idot: You seem to not understand what talk pages are meant for (as you added random bullet points with a signature on the content page), and your first reaction to a revert was to insult people (as can be seen in the edit history of that page). Now ask yourself why your edits maybe are not welcome? --Malyacko (talk) 10:19, 9 February 2017 (UTC)
- Hello @Idot:, I'm sorry if something is wrong in my comments, but, you say that user is making the "Opposes are overruled" property? But the actual case which I found is that page is only opposed by you. Where are other opposers? From Fukushima or Chernobyl (because that page mentioned "Nuclear")? You say that ideas from Gnom will kill animals, so the de facto power plants are not killing? So you rather like Mercury, Cadmium, Plumbum than solar? --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 09:28, 11 February 2017 (UTC)
Bad russian user names
Periodically in vi.wikipedia.org a lot of Russian user names are created, which is bad or swearing names, attacking Putin. (Граф х у й третий, Россию на х у й сжечь, России у власти мудаки на х у й блядь). Please help to block them globally, and eventually blocking their IPs. Thank you. Tuanminh01 (talk) 10:42, 10 February 2017 (UTC)
Concerns on copyright
I enjoyed myself by creating this little thing today. But as soon as I finished I realized that Apple Inc may not enjoy it as much as I do. I mean, do they have some sort of copyright to the overall feel of the macOS interface? I obviously did not take the source code from anything, I just mimicked it the best I can with CSS, question being will the look and feel of it alone make it incompatible with the CC license, though? 12:42, 11 February 2017 (UTC)
- You can read en:Look and feel. The answer is that probably not. However they may have a valid en:trade dress claim. So, you can apply a cc license I think. Ruslik (talk) 14:23, 11 February 2017 (UTC)
De-Recognition of Wikimedia Hong Kong
Recognition as a Wikimedia movement affiliate — a chapter, thematic organization, or user group — is a privilege that allows an independent group to officially use the Wikimedia trademarks to further the Wikimedia mission.
The principal Wikimedia movement affiliate in the Hong Kong region is Wikimedia Hong Kong, a Wikimedia chapter recognized in 2008. As a result of Wikimedia Hong Kong’s long-standing non-compliance with reporting requirements, the Wikimedia Foundation and the Affiliations Committee have determined that Wikimedia Hong Kong’s status as a Wikimedia chapter will not be renewed after February 1, 2017.
If you have questions about what this means for the community members in your region or language areas, we have put together a basic FAQ. We also invite you to visit the main Wikimedia movement affiliates page for more information on currently active movement affiliates and more information on the Wikimedia movement affiliates system.
Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. Message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
The Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. For 15 years, Wikimedians have worked together to build the largest free knowledge resource in human history. During this time, we've grown from a small group of editors to a diverse network of editors, developers, affiliates, readers, donors, and partners. Today, we are more than a group of websites. We are a movement rooted in values and a powerful vision: all knowledge for all people. As a movement, we have an opportunity to decide where we go from here.
This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve. We hope to design an inclusive process that makes space for everyone: editors, community leaders, affiliates, developers, readers, donors, technology platforms, institutional partners, and people we have yet to reach. There will be multiple ways to participate including on-wiki, in private spaces, and in-person meetings. You are warmly invited to join and make your voice heard.
The immediate goal is to have a strategic direction by Wikimania 2017 to help frame a discussion on how we work together toward that strategic direction.
Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Beginning with this message, monthly reviews of these updates will be sent to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.
Here is a review of the updates that have been sent so far:
- Update 1 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (15 December 2016)
- Introduction to process and information about budget spending resolution to support it
- Update 2 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (23 December 2016)
- Start of search for Lead Architect for movement strategy process
- Update 3 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (8 January 2017)
- Plans for strategy sessions at upcoming Wikimedia Conference 2017
- Update 4 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (11 January 2017)
- Introduction of williamsworks
- Update 5 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (2 February 2017)
- The core movement strategy team, team tracks being developed, introduction of the Community Process Steering Committee, discussions at WikiIndaba conference 2017 and the Wikimedia movement affiliates executive directors gathering in Switzerland
- Update 6 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (10 February 2017)
- Tracks A & B process prototypes and providing feedback, updates on development of all four Tracks
More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.
hi all, i need to do a category tree with some meaning. Something like fundamental categories and so on. You can see an example in Portals:Contents/Categories but that is hand-made. I should do it programmatically —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Eliabntt94 (talk)
Project ideas of collecting images of people
I created a project idea of obtaining images of people who passed away recently and long ago. Slowking4 created an idea to obtain images of living persons. I invite you all to discuss the above ideas. Feel free to participate in the project. --George Ho (talk) 12:41, 24 February 2017 (UTC)
Hello, I was wondering if somebody know's if its possible to create a wiktionary for the cu.wikipedia.org? There is non at that moment, only that. Thank you kindly! -- Vēnī‧vīdī‧scrīpsī [DM] 18:27, 24 February 2017 (UTC)