How to contact us
- Email: communityresourceswikimedia.org
- For questions about the Community Resources Grants
- Rapid Grants: rapidgrantswikimedia.org
- Project Grants: projectgrantswikimedia.org
- Simple Annual Plan Grants: simplewikimedia.org
- Annual Plan Grants: fdcsupportwikimedia.org
- Drop a line on our talk page
Tým komunitních zdrojů Nadace Wikimedia zvyšuje kvantitu, kvalitu, rozmanitost a dosah svobodných vědomostí tím, že obstarává financování a jiné zdroje pro spřátelené organizace i jednotlivce po celém světě. Podporujeme komunity (jednotlivce, skupiny i organizace), aby:
- Budovaly zdravé komunity a efektivní organizace, které budou vytvářet odpovídající program pro naši misi.
- Inovovaly programy a technologie ve službách obsahu Wikimedia a komunit
- Kultivovaly, udržovaly a rozvíjely nejúspěšnější z nápadů
We want to empower our grant recipients and other community members to,
- plan and execute effective and innovative initiatives focused on Wikimedia projects
- share ideas, strategies and innovations with the wider movement
- have strong and effective governance, including fiscal accountability
- increase and diversify participation in free knowledge within their communities.
These are our current grants programs, based on a consultation we conducted in 2015:
Our resource offerings also include:
What we do
Support volunteers and organizations with grants to grow projects, programs, and leaders
Our grantmaking work involves the following key activities:
- Development of prospective projects, programs and leaders - We work with prospective grant applicants, emerging movement leaders, and other organizations to develop ideas, network within the WMF and the broader movement to identify potential grantees, and provide support for achieving and measuring impact through program work.
- Grantee support and mentorship - We work closely with applicants and grantees throughout the grants process. This includes giving early input on proposal drafts or ideas, posting assessments and decisions about each request, meeting with grantees on a regular or as-needed basis to provide advice and support, and reviewing grant reports. In 2014/15, we handled 1,390 funding requests.
Facilitate community representation in movement decisions through committees
We work with 5 grants committees (FDC, IEGCom, GAC, TPS and Wikimania Scholarship Committee). These 70+ people make or inform recommendations or decisions, or perform specific community functions. Our work with them includes:
- Committee recruitment and training - We recruit candidates for 3 committees (FDC, IEGCom and GAC). We also oversee orientation and training for new committee members, which may involve in-person trainings or online modules.
- Supporting participatory decision-making for grants - We work with committees to ensure their review of applications and make recommendations or decisions. We design and steward the process and timelines to support effective action from volunteer groups, create and coordinate inputs to committee decision-making, facilitate discussions to make recommendations, and regularly share relevant updates and information about grantees and WMF.
Support communities and affiliates in growing their capacities
Key areas of capacity development we focus on include:
- Relationship-building and mentorship in emerging communities - We are developing a framework for emerging communities to grow their capacities. We stay informed of developments in emerging communities and support their healthy growth and capacity building.
- Supporting Wikimedia organizations through grants - We support Wikimedia organizations, including chapters, user groups, and thematic organizations, through grants, and connect them with resources to build their capacities to support Wikimedia communities.
Director of Community Investment
Lead Program Officer, Project Grants
Senior Program Officer, Project Grants
Senior Program Officer, Simple Annual Plan Grants
Senior Program Officer, Rapid Grants
Senior Program Officer, Annual Plan Grants
Lead Learning and Evaluation Program Officer
Junior Program Officer (contractor)
- Inspire campaign
- Grants start page
- Community Resources on Phabricator
- Grants spending analysis
- 2016-17 Annual Plan
- 2018-19 Annual Plan