Community Wishlist Survey 2020/Archive/Proofread extension enhancement
< Community Wishlist Survey 2020 | Archive(Redirected from Community Wishlist Survey 2020/Wikisource/Proofread extension enhancement)Jump to navigation Jump to search
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
- Problem: Proofread extension is great tool for proofreading, but the transcluded output have some problems:
- The source text is stored in another space (Page namespace) than in page in main namespace, where might be metadata for this text
- When somebody wants to edit this text, he find nothing relevant in source and link to one or many transcluded pages. There are some tools (default in some wikisources) which helps to find the correct page. These tools displays number of page in the middle of text (in some wikis in the edge) and in source html there are invisible parts, but sometimes in the middle of the word/sentence/paragraph. Spiltted to new proposal
- There are needed various hack in the source (page) to get correctly formated output
- <nowiki/> is needed for marking end of paragraph in the end of page, in other case translusion connect both paragraphs together
- Is impossible to transclude poem which is on more pages as one block, there must be marks for beginning and ending of poem in every page break, so this seems as more poems .
- Is problem to have simple links ([[/foo/]]) to other subpages from not/transcluded pages
- Documentation. Probably somewhere exist in english, but in other languages tehre are only base informations and some users uses many enhanced functions which are not in documetation
- Because of these problems some users (including me) prefers text directly in main namespace.
- Who would benefit: Wikisource editors, readers, users of TTS
- Proposed solution: Solve these bugs, make tools for better orientation in transcluded pages.
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: JAn Dudík (talk) 13:24, 25 October 2019 (UTC)
- JAn Dudík, thank you so much for this wish! We have discussed this as a team, and it's too large in its current form. Can you perhaps break this wish into multiple smaller wishes? For example, the second bullet point is a great example of an individual wish. This would make the proposal much more manageable for the team. Thank you! --IFried (WMF) (talk) 01:00, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
- OK, I made own proposal JAn Dudík (talk) 16:33, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
- JAn Dudík, thank you for submitting this proposal! Since you created a smaller proposal, which is more manageable for the team, we'll archive this original proposal. In addition, the remaining elements of this proposal are too large for us to take on, or they are social problems rather than technical ones. Again, thank you! --IFried (WMF) (talk) 19:06, 19 November 2019 (UTC)