Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Editor Engagement Experiments)
- For the new (as of 2018) team, see mw:Growth.
- This page documents the team that existed from 2012-2015. More information about it can be found at mw:Growth/Growth 2014.
This page is kept for historical interest. Any policies mentioned may be obsolete. If you want to revive the topic, you can use the talk page or start a discussion on the community forum.
The purpose of the Growth team at the Wikimedia Foundation is to find ways to attract and retain new Wikipedia editors. The project launched on April 16, 2012 as the "Editor Engagement Experiments" (e3) team, and is hiring several full-time engineering positions for this team. Also see the other editor engagement projects. In 2013, the group changed its name to "Growth" to more clearly reflect its goal.
The following pages hold the methodology, experimental design and results of each experiment.
- Research:Task recommendations
- Research:Anonymous editor acquisition
- Donor email campaigns
- Research:Onboarding new Wikipedians
- Research:GuidedTour usage
- Research:Wikipedia article creation
- Research:Newcomer survival models
- Microsurveys, e.g. Research:Gender micro-survey in support of VisualEditor
- Research:Account creation UX
- Research:Donor engagement
- Research:Community portal redesign
- Research:Post-registration editor survey
- Research:Post-edit feedback
- Template A/B testing
- Research:Timestamp position modification
- Research:Editor milestones
- Proposals and ideas
- Research:Section edit modification
- Research:Improve your edit
- Research:Wikimania unconference experiment (suppress cleanup templates)
- Research:Left-hand navigation
The current team includes:
- Matt Flaschen (Software Engineer)
- Aaron Halfaker (Research Scientist)
- Kaity Hammerstein (Associate Interaction Designer)
- Rob Moen (Software Engineer)
- Sam Smith, (Software Engineer)
- Moiz Syed (Interaction Designer)
- Steven Walling (Product Manager)
- Our public planning board on Trello
- Our design and product documentation on mediawiki.org
- Wikipedia:Growth (team) on English Wikipedia
- Quarterly reviews (search for "Editor Engagement Experiments" and "Growth")