Grants:PEG/WM ID/Free Your Knowledge 2012
|This page is under construction.|
Please help review and edit this page.
- Legal name of chapter
- Wikimedia Indonesia
- Grant contact name
- Kartika Sari Henry
- Grant contact user-name or e-mail
- Grant contact title (position)
- Project Director
- Project lead name
- Kartika Sari Henry
- Saputra Sutedjo
- Nico Marko
- Project lead user-name or e-mail
- Project lead title (position), if any
- Project Director
- Full project name
- Bebaskan Pengetahuan 2012 (Free Your Knowledge 2012)
- Amount requested (in USD)
- Provisional target start date
- 15 August 2011
- Provisional completion date
- 15 July 2012
Please note that the budget breakdown will be in Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) for exact calculation, US dollar value only for comparison purpose.
- Estimated overall budget for the project is IDR 484,270,000 equal to USD 56,972.94
- Actual budget received and spent: IDR ______,- equal to USD ___________,-
1. Administration, Preparation, dan University Approach
- Execution time: 15 August 2011 - 22 December 2011
|Code||Administration, Preparation, & University Approach||Qty||Unit||x||Qty||Unit||x||Unit Price (IDR)||Total Amount (IDR)||Total Amount (USD)|
|A||Communication Cost (cellular)|
|A.1 - Sponsor Approach Communication Cost||4||persons||x||4||months||x||250,000||4,000,000||470.58|
|A.2 - Committee Communication Cost||4||persons||x||4||months||x||100,000||1,600,000||188.24|
|B.1 - Transport||3||meetings||x||16||weeks||x||125,000||6,000,000||705.88|
|B.2 - Meals||3||meetings||x||16||weeks||x||125,000||6,000,000||705.88|
|C.1 - Proposal Print||140||copies||x||120,000||16,800,000||1,976|
|C.2 - Proposal Distirbution||140||times||x||50,000||7,000,000||823.53|
|D.1 - Jakarta||25||places||x||3||trip||x||150,000||11,250,000||1,323.53|
|D.2 - Bandung||2||persons||x||3||trip||x||450,000||2,700,000||317.65|
|D.3 - Jogjakarta||2||persons||x||3||trip||x||1,850,000||11,100,000||1,305.88|
|E||USB Flash Drive||9||items||x||100,000||900,000||105.88|
2. Participant training & Evaluation
- Execution time: 17 January - May 2012
|Code||Participant training & Evaluation||Qty||Unit||x||Qty||Unit||x||Unit Price (IDR)||Total Amount (IDR)||Total Amount (USD)|
|F.1 - Kartika Sari Henry (Project Director)||7||months||x||1,500,000||10,500,000||1,235.29|
|F.2 - Saputra Sutedjo (Deputy Director)||7||months||x||1,500,000||10,500,000||1,235.29|
|F.3 - Nico Marko (Deputy Director)||7||months||x||1,500,000||10,500,000||1,235.29|
|F.4 - Ivonne Kristiani||5||months||x||1,500,000||7,500,000||882.35|
|F.5 - Kartika Sari||5||months||x||1,500,000||7,500,000||882.35|
|F.6 - Wahyudi Pradana||5||months||x||1,500,000||7,500,000||882.35|
|F.7 - Isabella Apriyana||5||months||x||1,500,000||7,500,000||882.35|
|F.8 - Irviene Maretha||5||months||x||1,500,000||7,500,000||882.35|
|F.9 - Hendra Prastiawan||5||months||x||1,500,000||7,500,000||882.35|
|G||Training Venue Cost|
|G.1 - Jakarta|
|G.1.1 - First Training||10||places||x||4||hours||x||250,000||10,000,000||1,176.47|
|G.1.2 - Second Training||5||places||x||4||hours||x||250,000||5,000,000||588.24|
|G.2 - Bandung|
|G.2.1 - First Training||2||places||x||4||hours||x||250,000||2,000,000||235.29|
|G.2.2 - Second Training||1||place||x||4||hours||x||250,000||1,000,000||117.65|
|G.3 - Jogjakarta|
|G.3.1 - First Training||2||places||x||4||hours||x||250,000||2,000,000||235.29|
|G.3.2 - Second Training||1||place||x||4||hours||x||250,000||1,000,000||117.65|
|H||Food & Beverage|
|H.1 - Jakarta|
|H.1.1 - First Training||250||persons||x||50,000||12,500,000||1,470.59|
|H.1.2 - Second Training||125||persons||x||50,000||6,250,000||735.29|
|H.2 - Bandung|
|H.2.1 - First Training||50||persons||x||50,000||2,500,000||294.12|
|H.2.2 - Second Training||25||persons||x||50,000||1,250,000||147.06|
|H.3 - Jogjakarta|
|H.3.1 - First Training||50||persons||x||50,000||2,500,000||294.12|
|H.3.2 - Second Training||25||persons||x||50,000||1,250,000||147.06|
|I||Travel Cost for Committee|
|I.1 - Bandung|
|I.1.1 - First Training Bus||4||committees||x||1||trip||x||150,000||600,000||70.59|
|I.1.2 - Second Training Bus||4||committees||x||1||trip||x||150,000||600,000||70.59|
|I.1.3 - First Training Accommodation||4||committees||x||1||trip||x||100,000||400,000||47.06|
|I.1.4 - Second Training Accommodation||4||committees||x||1||trip||x||100,000||400,000||47.06|
|I.2 - Jogjakarta|
|I.2.1 - First Training Air Fare||3||committees||x||1||trip||x||1,200,000||3,600,000||423.53|
|I.2.2 - Second Training Air Fare||2||committees||x||1||trip||x||1,200,000||2,400,000||282.35|
|I.2.3 - First Training Accommodation||3||committees||x||1||trip||x||650,000||1,950,000||229.41|
|I.1.4 - Second Training Accommodation||2||committees||x||1||trip||x||650,000||1,300,000||152.94|
|K.1 - Training module 1 & 2||300||sets||x||125,000||37,500,000||4,411.76|
|K.2 - Training module 3||150||sets||x||125,000||18,750,000||2,205.88|
- ↑ The time difference is because the project director and her deputy work from January through July to complete the report
- ↑ a b Accommodation costs include: meals and transport within the city.
- ↑ a b Accommodation costs include: meals, transport within the city, and lodging for committee
- ↑ Administrative costs for 8 months starting from January - August 2012.
- ↑ Judges evaluate participants' contribution 3 times throughout the competition.
3. Campaign Materials
|Code||Campaign Facilities||Qty||Unit||x||Qty||Unit||x||Unit Price (IDR)||Total Amount (IDR)||Total Amount (USD)|
|P||Pin and Sticker||2||type||x||500||items||x||5,000||5,000,000||588.24|
- ↑ Pin and sticker will be made 500 pieces each.
4. Press Conferences
- The first press conference is to launch the event and will be held on January 15, 2012.
- The second press conference is to award the winners and will be held on May 20, 2012
|Code||Another Events||Qty||Unit||x||Qty||Unit||x||Unit Price (IDR)||Total Amount (IDR)||Total Amount (USD)|
|R||First Press Conference|
|R.1 - Accommodation and Logistic||100||persons||x||1||event||x||250,000||25,000,000||2,941.18|
|R.2 - Press Release||100||set||x||1||event||x||25,000||2,500,000||294.12|
|S||Second Press Conference|
|S.1 - Accommodation and Logistic||200||persons||x||1||event||x||250,000||50,000,000||5,882.35|
|S.2 - Press Release||200||set||x||1||event||x||25,000||5,000,000||588.24|
- Execution time: 20 May 2012
|Code||Awarding||Qty||Unit||x||Qty||Unit||x||Unit Price (IDR)||Total Amount (IDR)||Total Amount (USD)|
|T||Laptop/Netbook for top ten||10||items||x||5,200,000||52,000,000||6,117.65|
|U||Certificate for top one hundred||100||items||x||120,000||12,000,000||1,411.76|
|W||Grand Prize Winner|
|W.1 - Air Fare Jakarta-Washington D.C.-Jakarta||1||ticket||x||17,000,000||17,000,000||2,000|
|W.2 - Passport|
|W.2.1 - Passport Fee||3||items||x||750,000||2,250,000||264.71|
|W.2.2 - Administrative Passport Fee||500,000||500,000||58,82|
|W.3 - America Travel Insurance||1||package||x||300,000||300,000||35.29|
|W.4 - Visa to America|
|W.4.1 - America Visa Fee||1||item||x||1,300,000||1,300,000||152.94|
|W.4.2 - Administrative America Visa Fee||1||item||x||350,000||350,000||41.18|
|W.5 - Pocket Money||5||days||x||425,000||2,125,000||250|
|W.6 - Airport Tax||1||time||x||150,000||150,000||17.65|
|W.7 - Airport Transport|
|W.7.1 - Home-Airport Transport||1||trip||x||250,000||250,000||29.41|
|W.7.2 - Airport-Home Transport||1||trip||x||250,000||250,000||29.41|
|W.7.3 - Airport-Venue Transport||1||trip||x||510,000||510,000||60|
|W.7.4 - Venue-Airport Transport||1||trip||x||510,000||510,000||60|
|W.8 - Lodging||5||days||x||425,000||2,125,000||250|
|W.9 - Wikimania conference cost||1||package||x||425,000||425,000||50|
|Subtotal1||Rp 67,350,000||USD 7,923.53|
|Subtotal2||Rp 202,875,000||USD 23,867.65|
|Subtotal3||Rp 38,750,000||USD 4,558.82|
|Subtotal4||Rp 82,500,000||USD 9,705.88|
|Subtotal5||Rp 92,795,000||USD 10,917.06|
|Grand Total||Rp 484,270,000||USD 56,972.94|
- Foto Wiki Upload.JPG
- Photo on 2011-03-12 at 12.142.jpg
Bebaskan Pengetahuan 2012 (Free Your Knowledge 2012) is a continuation from previous competition in 2010. This project has larger scope, longer time, and some modification to achieve greater success than before. In 2010, the first Free Your Knowledge competition successfully increased Wikipedia Indonesia readership number from 36.8 million reader per month to 53.4 million per month in October 2010 after the competition occured.
Free Your Knowledge 2012 is a 120-days wiki based writing competition. It is design as an integrated event consist of encyclopedia style writing technique training, endurance test, and in the same time serve as an effort to enrich information content in bahasa Indonesia.
The project will introduce and allow selected participant from 30 universities within Java Island (Jakarta and greater area, Bandung, and Yogyakarta) to be trained on how to write in wikipedia and compete for 120 days. Each Universities only allowed to send in 10 participants. In addition, this competition will serve 50 places for public in all age-range to compete with those university students. The 350 participants are watched closely by committee while competing and graded using an article matrix calculation created specifically for the project and the 3 juries to grade the article quality.
This competition will serve as a way to introduce new ways of distributing knowledge in a free and effective way using correct terminology in the Indonesian language. One of the future impacts after the competition done is universities will create more initiative to include Wikipedia in their curriculum.
Previously from Free Your Knowledge 2010 experience, talented students already identified to become young sustainable leader. It is achieved by exposing new volunteers in the project and keeping their continuity to participate in the free-knowledge movement. Winners get to attend the Wikimania International Conference 2012 in Washington and are expected to return with a fresh perspective on how Indonesia can participate in contributing free knowledge on global platform.
Reference Letter Signed by Sue Gardner
- Government attention.
- Cooperation with Universities meant that they will understand Wikipedia more, recognize their potential in enriching it instead of campaigning in banning it from Universities.
- Public will be introduction to "Free Knowledge" initiative by putting banner and posters in 30 universities for 120 days.
- Introduces that Wikimania exist as an International conference.
- Private companies sees future similar projects as a good chance to do co-branding with the effort.
- Engaging talented students in Java to participate in the Free Knowledge movement.
Measures of success
- All 30 universities participate and we have 250 active wikipedians in the first 30-days of competition.
- Indonesian Wikipedia very active contributors doubled up from around 50 users to 100 users (like German Wikipedia have) in the period of 120 days during competition held.
- Addition of 5,000 new and improved articles from total participants.