|Overview||Human Rights and Wikimedia||HRIG||CEE Statement||Digital Safety||Glossary||War in Gaza & Israel|
Welcome to the Digital Security Resource Center! Here you will find articles, tools and links to interactive learning platforms to learn about digital security concepts and inform yourself of the various risks and threats that exist as you interact with digital technologies online. Take the time to go through the resources and learn to better protect yourself, the people you interact with and the communities you support.
Assessing Your Risk
- A short video on what threat modeling is by Vice
- Security Plan by the Electronic Freedom Foundation
- Personas by USEABLE, an initiative of Internews, provides a list of fictional personas and potential risk they may face.
- This booklet by AccessNow includes more personas to help you think about the kind of threats you may face online.
- An Overview of Web Browsing Security by EFF
- An in-depth guide to choosing a VPN by FPF
- An in-depth guide to choosing a web browser by FPF
- Test your browser to see how well you are protected from tracking and fingerprinting by using this tool by EFF
- HTTPS Everywhere, by EFF and the The Tor Project, is a browser extension that encrypts your communications with many major websites, making your browsing more secure.
- Privacy Badger, by EFF, is a browser extension that automatically learns to block invisible trackers.
Secure Accounts and Communication
- Communicating with others by EFF
- Two-factor authentication for beginners by FPF.
- Phishing prevention and email hygiene by FPF.
- Why Metadata Matters by EFF
- What is encryption and why is it key to human rights? by APC
- Guide to Secure Group Chat and Conferencing Tools by Front Line Defenders.
- Attachments can be malicious! Dangerzone, by FPF, lets you take potentially dangerous PDFs, office documents, or images and convert them to a safe PDF.
Your Online Identity
- Doxxing: Tips To Protect Yourself Online & How to Minimize Harm by EFF
- Learn about dorking for a more comprehensive self-doxing, by the Tactical Tech Collective.
- Remove personal data from the internet by CPJ