CIS-A2K/Requests/Wikipedia Workshop Pune 2014
Wikipedia Workshop Pune 2014
This is a Wikipedia Workshop celebrating the 13th Anniversary of Wikipedia. Its goal is to use the opportunity of the anniversary to increase awareness about Wikipedia & equip its participants with the rudiments of contributing to Wikipedia, and a concept to them. The participants will be encouraged to edit Wikipedia in their regional language .Also part of the workshop will be a session on women empowerment.New women editors will also be able to interact with existing women editors. The workshop is free and open to everyone.
- Primary goals
- To Celebrate Wikipedia's 13th Anniversary.
- To introduce Wikipedia as an encyclopaedia and a concept to new editors.
- To Promote Marathi Wikipedia Community & promote the use of regional languages in Wikipedia.
- To promote more Women editors to join the community & to tackle the problems faced by current Women editors.
- To have an open interaction within the editors, existing as well as new.
- Secondary goals
- To spread the awareness of Wikipedia as a powerful tool.
- To encourage community building among the many contributors of Wikimedia & its sister projects.
- Use the occasion for a massive outreach programme.
- Increase communication and collaboration between Wikimedia supporters in Pune & India
1. Introduction of Wikipedia to new members.
2. Promotion of Marathi Wikipedia & community building.
3. Brainstorming session-Inspiring new editors& encouraging new ones.
4.WIkiWomen- Empowerment of Women. Making them editors.
5. Interaction between existing & new members.
6. Felicitation of major contributors from Pune Community.
7. Chapter Membership Drive
- More Visibility to Local Wikipedia
- Enthusiasm among people to contribute in regional languages.
- Retention of Active editors.
- Massive outreach especially among the Women to bridge the Gender Gap.
- Higher Enrollment to the India Chapter.
Measures of success
- Increase in level of Activity of Pune Community
- Increase of edit counts in Indic Languages.
- Increase in Women editors.