Wikimedia monthly activities meetings/2013-06
- When: 6 June 2013 starting at 18:00 UTC (11:00 Pacific Daylight Time)
Most updates should be done in lightning-talk form, typically 3 minutes + 2 minutes for Q/A
- Welcomes - slides
- Top line metrics - reportcard
- VE update
- Mobile update - slides: GDoc / PDF
- Data update
- Commons App : Education, styling, performance
- Web : Echo, Editing, & Photos
- Wikidata guest speaker update (Denny - 5m) slides:GDoc / PDF
- Wikimedia (Tool) Labs update - Ryan & Coren - 5m
- Summer interns (Google Summer of Code/Outreach Program for Women) - Sumana - 5m - mw:Summer of Code 2013 & mw:Outreach Program for Women/Round 6 & mw:Mentorship programs/Possible projects
- Grant-making and Programs
- Legal, Community Advocacy, and Communications
On GSoC/OPW: We have 22 interns from China, India, Sri Lanka, Australia, US, Israel, Czech Republic, and Ukraine.
In the past, we've only had 8 or 9 interns at once, and there have been problems with making their work effective; this time, stricter scoping, 2 mentors for each intern including domain experts from community, & getting initial contribution as part of application to as a trial audition.
We have at least 8 women participating, more than in previous years, and help from 32 mentors, many of them volunteers.
Some highlights -- expect:
- Better spam filtering
- VisualEditor -- math editor, RTL support, source code editor, browser test automation
- Uploading books to Wikisource via UploadWizard, and refactoring for the ProofreadPage extension, which Wikisource depends on
- For more information about WMF activities and metrics for the month of May, see the monthly report.