Sorting lists and tables
Now listed as http://bugzilla.wikipedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=494
I feel we should extend the WikiSyntax to include a meta tag for specifying that a section is going to be a lexically sorted list, so that in whatever order Wikipedians add entries to the list, the list will always be rendered in a lexically sorted order.
- Support. I support your idea and would like to extend your proposal with a request for a function which sorts table column(s).
- Lexically sorting should be possible (difficult, because somehow language and country dependent ...) and I also need time/date sorting according to entries which have ISO dates in sortable forms such as CCYYMMDDHHMMSS .
- A tag could be an extension of the Wiki table syntax, see http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Table#Guide_to_the_pipe_syntax --Nyxos 19:05, 11 Sep 2004 (UTC)
- Now listed as http://bugzilla.wikipedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=494
- An extension of this concept is to allow spreadsheet calculations. --Tom Gries (talk) [mail me] 14:35, 17 Oct 2004 (UTC)