Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2018-20/Working Groups/Coordinators and Steering Group
Coordinators of Working Groups
Coordinators of Working Groups are contact points within each group who ensure information flow from the group to stakeholders (e.g. Core Team, other Working Groups, Affiliates, communities, WMF) and from the stakeholders to the group. As such, coordinators are an integral part to the success of structural reform discussions and recommendations that are expected to take place.
The Core Team envisages the following roles and responsibilities for the Coordinators:
- Be the point of contact for the Core Team: pass on information and briefings to the group and collect and transfer feedback from the group to the Core Team.
- Join the Steering Group made up of all coordinators from all Working Groups, to ensure information flow and exchange across groups; to identify commonalities and synergies between groups, and avoid work duplication. That also entails monthly Steering Group calls.
- Coordinate the groups communication with Movement Strategy Process stakeholders (Working Groups, Core Team, Affiliates, Communities, WMF, partners).
- Ensure regular meetings and engagement of the group, or work with the Core Team to map the needs of the group for active participation.
- If applicable: Coordinate with the Core Team regarding all matters of dispute, harassment or potential threat/s to the Working Group members (from within or outside of the group itself) or to the stakeholders of the Movement Strategy Process.
WG Steering Group:
- Consists of all the Working Group Coordinators and Core Team representatives.
- Its meetings will be held once per month.
- The aim of these meetings is to have conversations across the Working Groups:
- share experiences across different Working Groups and learning from each other,
- identify common needs for support (administration, training, travel etc.),
- exchange best practices (tools, methods, communication channels etc.),
- explore collaborative work opportunities and build work synergies.