Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Talk:Toolhub/Data model)
This page is for discussions related to the Toolhub page.
Please remember to:
I sometimes encounter tools in Toolhub that do not link to the Tool itself. E.g.
- and https://toolsadmin.wikimedia.org/tools/id/consultation-stats
- do not link to https://consultation-stats.toolforge.org/
Main Question: How should I/anyone add the link-to-the-tool, into the listings?
- I couldn't see anywhere obvious to add the link within Toolhub's Edit GUI...
- (I'd guess this means: Toolhub assumes each Tool's URL is defined in code elsewhere, hence there isn't an override in the GUI, in case the domain/structure/etc changes in the future. (?))
- I see the Toolsadmin's Edit GUI lets me define the "Path to tool below main webservice." -- However...
- I don't know what I should write in that space (if it is the correct location to fix this).
- I don't know if I can only edit that because I'm a Tools-Admin? (I.e. If so, then how would other editors fix a problem like this? Perhaps they need to contact the maintainer directly, or a Tools-admin (where?) to request they do it?)
- In Toolsadmin, there’s a checkbox labeled “This is a webservice”, is that checked? It’s checked for my tool
atiro, and https://toolhub.wikimedia.org/tools/toolforge-atiro indeed links to the tool itself. (And yes, I can’t edit the Toolsadmin edit UI of
consultation-stats, only those of my tools.) —Tacsipacsi (talk) 18:59, 27 September 2022 (UTC)
- That fixed it at Toolsadmin, thanks! I assume there's a slight delay before Toolhub updates itself. Quiddity (talk) 19:22, 27 September 2022 (UTC)
- I added a quick and messy summary of this to the docs at https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Toolhub#Editing_tool_URLs TBurmeister (WMF) (talk) 14:45, 4 October 2022 (UTC)