What is WikiSangamotsavam?
WikiSangamotsavam is the annual gathering of Malayalam Wikimedia Community. Anyone interested in Wikimedia is welcome to participate in WikiSangamotsavam. It would be the second WikiSangamotsavam happening in 2013. This year, WikiSangamotsavam is scheduled to be held from 21-22 December in Alappuzha. WikiJalayathra, an opportunity to travel to the Vembanad wetlands has been arranged for the 23rd of December.
The first Sangamotsavam took place in Kollam, Kerala.
Where is Alappuzha is WikiSangamotsavam taking place?
WikiSangamotsavam will take place in Y.M.C.A hall, Alappuzha Municipality from 21-22 December, 2013. The location can be viewed on google map here
Who can participate?
Everyone interested in Wikimedia projects can join us for WikiSangamotsavam. There is no age bar.
Who is organizing WikiSangamotsavam?
Malayalam Wikimedia Community and Alappuzha local committee. For more details, write to ക്ക് firstname.lastname@example.org or reach us on phone in the following numbers : 9747014264, 9446565109, 9846012841
What programs are being organized for Sangamotsavam?
Apart from the inagural ceremony, presentations and informal gatherings, we have a lot more in store for you! You can look up the schedule for details.
Will I get a certificate of participation?
No. However, you will be given a letter of participation on request.
How can I participate?
To participate, you have to register your name and provide relevant details here.
Can I write in Malayalam on the registration form?
All fields except the e-mail field can be filled in Malayalam.
Will the details I provide on the registration form be made public?
No. All details provided by the registrants on the registration form will be private and accessed only by the organizers.
Whether there is any scholarships available to participate the conference
With the assistance of Wikimedia Foundation, we have arranged 30 Scholarships to non-malayalam delegates. Conditions to get scholarships are given below:
- The scholarship includes dormitory or shared accommodation for two days with moderate facilities, food
and refreshments. In addition, they will be entitled to reimburse the charges for a round trip train ticket for second class
non-air conditioned sleeper from the city of the applicant.
- Maximum number of scholarships are 30 and registration will be closed on 5th December 2013
- You must be an active wikipedian having at-least 50 edits in your home wikiepdia
- You have already engaged or ready to engage the development of articles on International - national importance,
- wetland related articles, kerala and malayalam related articles.
- The acceptance of registration will be the method of first come first serve basis.
- Maximum participants from one community will be 5 users. (these numbers may vary slightly)
Tips for filling up the registration form
- Please be sure that the details you give us are true and accurate.
- E-mail id should be filled up in English only. Ensure that this id is in use. You will receive an e-mail soon after you register online which contains your registration number. Please make sure to quote your registration number in all further correspondences with the organizing committee.
- The registration fee should be paid within 3 days after registering online.
- The registration fee is non-refundable.
- If you have indicated in the registration form that the mode of payment is transferring the fee directly to the Wikimedia volunteer in your district, you will receive an additional mail within 24 hours which contains contact details of the Wikimedia volunteer in your district. You will have to hand over the fee to the concerned volunteer within 3 days of registration.
How much is the registration fee?
- Delegate = INR 200
(Early bird = 100.00)
- Students = INR 50
- Delegates from non-Malayalam languages = INR 250
- WikiJalayathra = INR 80
The early bird offer will end on 30th of November 2013. Those registering after 30 November will have to pay INR 200.
How can I pay the registration fee?
There are three ways by which you can pay the registration fee :
- Online money transfer
- Bank deposit (All SBT branches offer this facility)
- Pay the conference fee directly to Wikimedia volunteer of your district
Please make sure that you mention your registration ID while you pay the registration fee.
Account number: 33418879389
Account name: Sujith T.K and P. Manojkumar
Bank: SBI Mullakkal (Alappuzha) Branch
IFSC കോഡ്: SBIN0003106
Address of the bank:
State Bank of India,
Mullakkal (Alappuzha) Branch,
P.B No. 276, YMCA Road,
Branch Code : 3106
Address of the account holder:
S.L Puram PO,
Will food be provided?
- All registered participants would be provided with meals during the conference hours.
Will accommodation be provided?
- Those requiring private accommodation should bear the expenses oneself. Dormitory accommodation will be provided free of cost to all participants.
- The organizing committee will consider requests from participants who want to book accommodation at Y.M.C.A or nearby hotels.
- Queries regarding accommodation may be directed to email@example.com
Should I bring a laptop?
Not necessarily. But if you own a laptop, it would be good to carry it with you. WiFi internet would be available at the conference venue. There would be workshops to facilitate the participants to edit Wikimedia projects. To participate in online sessions, it is imperative that you bring a laptop or a mobile device.