Wikimedia Community User Group Guinea / Report2016 / en
The year 2016 was a start-up year for Wikimedia Community User Group Guinea Conakry. And this, after the first contacts and exchange of ideas that the organization at the sight of the day. It was mainly for 2016 to mobilize the maximum number of people around the User Group, to work to give it an official status while encouraging Guinean Wikimédiens and the general public to contribute to Wikimedia's various platforms. .
This annual report aims to summarize the status of the activities carried out, provide comments and observations, and suggest prospects for 2018.
The activities carried out during the year 2017 were held between men, national events, meetings, development, relations with national partners.
Apart from the weekly physical or online meetings of the coordinating committee, six physical meetings have already taken place during 2017 in favor of the Wikimedians of Guinea Conakry. Those are:
||: Monthly meeting of Guinean Wikimedans (#WikiGN #1)|
||: Monthly meeting of Guinean Wikimedans (#WikiGN #2)|
||:WikiAtelier of April 8, 2017 (#WikiGN #3)|
||: Monthly meeting of Guinean Wikimedans (#WikiGN #4)|
||: Photo coaching and uploading exercise (#WikiGN #5)|
||: Monthly meeting of Guinean Wikimedans (#WikiGN #6)|
Other national activities
An event organized at national level by WMUG-GN in external partnerships mainly at Kamsar:
||: Presentation and training on Wikimedia projects|
The nascent association has established contacts at the local level with institutional partners, many of whom have facilitated the task. Those are :
- Kofi Annan University of Guinea (Department of Sociology ) ;
Achievable results were obtained in 2017 :
- Thousands of contributions have been made at the initiative of WMUG-GN on French Wikipedia sites, on Wikimedia commons, on wikiquote, on wikibooks in French and on wikivoyage in French.
- Hundreds of people have been sensitized on the use of free material and the editing techniques of platforms. A few dozen people have committed.
- Movement members and supporters of Facebook's Wikimedia Guinea Conakry group are making significant progress.
Remarks and observations
- The Guinean organization is gaining maturity, notoriety and growing in power in Conakry.
- Members are becoming more motivated and becoming more and more familiar with article and page editing tools on Wikimedia platforms.
- However, a vast spectrum of people and institutions remains to be informed and sensitized in Guinea and WCUG-GN must work with zeal and intelligence.
- A good synergy of the actions carried out as part of the projects to strengthen Wikimedia's platforms will make it possible to achieve convincing results in a very short time.
The year 2018 also remains a year of transition towards the effective recognition of a national association Wikimedia Guinea Conakry. It is also a year of intensification of the awareness-raising actions of the local populations with a view to the dissemination of free knowledge. The actions will focus, to a large extent, on the institutional and editorial domains :
At the institutional level
- Conduct monthly meetings
- Realize the constituent general assembly of the association;
- Participate in the major events of the movement on the African and world scale;
- To put in synergy in Guinea, all the projects related to Wikimedia.
At the editorial level
- Train new contributors;
- Multiply publishing opportunities;
- Increase the number and quality of editions.
Different projects, developed in the 2017 program of activities, will achieve these objectives.
President, Aboubacar keita