Wikimedia Foundation Legal department/2023 ToU updates/Office hours/Announcement
This update comes in response to several things:
- Implementing the Universal Code of Conduct
- Updating project text to the Creative Commons BY-SA 4.0 license
- Proposal for better addressing undisclosed paid editing
- Bringing our terms in line with current and recently passed laws affecting the Foundation, including the European Digital Services Act
As part of the feedback cycle two office hours will be held, the first on March 2, the second on April 4.
For further information, please consult:
- The proposed update of the ToU by comparison
- The page for your feedback
- Information about the office hours
On behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Legal Team,
We have shared a couple of draft iterations during the 60 day comment period. The next step will be for the legal team to take some time to review everything, draft a final version that will be published in mid-May on the Meta consultation page, then we will finalize the approvals and put the update officially on Foundation wiki. Thank you to everyone who provided questions and comments!