Wikimedia Foundation bylaws
Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. was incorporated 20 June 2003 under Florida law by filing Articles of Incorporation.
This page was a development version copy of the Wikimedia Foundation bylaws pursuant to the Articles of Incorporation, and was a copy of the bylaws.
Changes of Bylaws
Bylaws were first issued in 2003. They were revised in 2006 and 2008, and in smaller ways on other occasions. For the latest version, please see Wikimedia:Bylaws. In 2013 the Board started to publish proposed changes to the bylaws for consultation with the community:
- May 2013 - Article IV Section 6 (Vacancies)
- January 2014 - Amendment for Trustees selected by Chapters and Thematic Organizations
- June 2015 - Term Limits
- December 2018 - Affiliate-selected trustees, term limits, and diversity
- October 2020 - Call for feedback about Bylaws changes and Board candidate rubric
- Wikimedia:Bylaws - text of the bylaws of the Wikimedia Foundation