Wikimedia user groups/Applications/Wikimedia Côte d'Ivoire User Group
Proposed name of Wikimedia user group: (There are some templates at Step-by-step user group creation guide#Naming of user groups.)
- Proposed name of your user group
- Wikimedia Côte d'Ivoire User Group
Proposed scope of Wikimedia user group: (What is the planned purpose, scope, vision, or mission of this Wikimedia user group?)
- Proposed scope of your user group
- The purposes of Wikimedia Côte d'Ivoire
- Support the creation, collection and distribution of Open Content in a not-for-profit way in order to support education and the equal opportunity of access to knowledge. In terms of the Association, Open Content refers to all work that has been placed by its author under a license, which allows everybody to modify and distribute these works. In addition, the awareness of the related social and philosophical issues will be enhanced.
- For collection and distribution of Open Content, Wikis should be used predominantly, yet not exclusively. Wikis are software systems accessible via the Internet which let their users both access and modify content, thus enabling the joint creation of such content. The most prominent example of this principle is the free encyclopedia "Wikipedia" initiated by Larry Sanger and Jimmy D. Wales which is operated by the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Share the objectives of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a not-for-profit organisation based in Florida, USA. The Wikimedia Foundation coordinates activities along the lines of the Association's purpose within the international sector, and manages the name Wikimedia as well as the names of the various international Wikimedia projects
1. Who are the people behind this application?
- Please see the list of Wikimedians behind this application on meta.wikimedia.org
- 1a. How many?
- 1b. Active in which Wikimedia projects, if any?
- Wikipedia, Commons, Wikiquotes, Wikibook, Kumusha Takes Wiki
- 1c. How are they geographically distributed?
- The majority live in Côte d'Ivoire.
- 1d. Do you have any highly active or prominent (on local or international level) Wikimedians / Wikipedians? If so, please name a few. (provide user names and wiki of origin)
- Zenman & African Hope on Wikipedia
- 1e. How many people do you expect will eventually want to join?
- +400 according to our Facebook group members
2. For the application and final agreement we will require two contact persons that can sign the Wikimedia User Group Agreement on behalf of the group. Who will those be? (please provide user names and wiki of origin) Please also include email addresses for these users either on this page or in your initial email to the Affiliations Committee (AffComlists.wikimedia.org).
- Papischou (kangae-voir.net) & Eltia Aime (eltiae-voir.net) on Wikipedia
3. Please give a short summary of your time path from the founding up to now.
- 400 members in Facebook Group, 10 actives contributors on Wikipedia, 10 monthly meeting, 2 Wiki Workshop, 2 Wikimedians in Community, 1 delegate at WikiIndaba South Africa, 1 delegate at InnovAfrica Togo, country with the highest number of entries at Wiki Loves Africa Cuisine 2014
4. Which geographical area and context do you cover (or plan to cover) with your entity?
- Côte d'Ivoire
5. Have there been any activities/meetings etc. of this group of people? If yes, please briefly describe some examples. This is not a requirement, just helpful information.
- Wiki Workshop and monthly meeting
6. Do you keep any monthly/half-yearly/yearly reports of you activities? If yes, please provide links. This is not a requirement, just helpful information.
7. What kind of activities are planned for the future in the user group?
- General Assembly
8. Is your entity already legally registered? Do you intend on becoming a legally registered entity in the next thirteen months? Please note that we do not require or encourage user groups to legally incorporate or register.
9. Do you have a bylaws for you entity? If yes, have the bylaws been reviewed by a lawyer/specialist? Please note that we do not require or encourage user groups to write bylaws.
- We have a draft here
10. How can the Affiliations Committee and the Wikimedia Foundation help your group?
- We need an agreement to pursue the process of legally registered entity.