|← Index of discussion pages||Babel||archives (latest) →|
|This is the general discussion forum for Meta (this wiki). Before you
please note the following:
I was just contacted by a confused user who didn't know where to upload a file for Meta: if you're not a privileged user, you'll see that the sidebar has no upload link. This is because since some time we are expected to upload to Commons. Do you support adding a link to Commons in the sidebar as most wikis do? Privileged users will know how to reach Special:Upload anyway. --Nemo 11:23, 16 June 2014 (UTC)
- Yes. --MF-W 12:22, 16 June 2014 (UTC)
- Yes. --Vogone (talk) 14:03, 16 June 2014 (UTC)
- Support. Ralgis (talk) 04:54, 22 June 2014 (UTC)
- Support. (i do still wish the upload link could default to either uploadwizard or classic upload, all in one url, but that's a question to commons not here). Gryllida 09:25, 6 July 2014 (UTC)
Hi, I am new here.
I would like to translate into Finnish. Can I do this without pay, because I am retired, lonely and bored easily. My native language is Finnish, I speak fluent English and can write professional texts in English. My special skills: Electronics, Kalibration, TQM. Textiles. I have 2 degrees. Please respond something. email@example.com
- To answer your first question, this is probably not the right page to ask this (it is a forum specific to Meta-Wiki). However, I doubt anyone will mind. If you mean to actually create a redirect from one page to another, then use
#REDIRECT [[target page]](it needs to be the first or only thing on the page). If you're just looking to use an arrow icon as a soft-redirect (similar to what appears for &redirect=no), then you can do this:
- If you're looking for the original image it uses, then . If you want a similar Unicode character, use one of these (↳ seems the closest). Hope I answered your question. PiRSquared17 (talk) 18:56, 10 July 2014 (UTC)
Creating a new design for "Grants:Evaluation" — the Evaluation portal
Over the last year or so, Grants:Evaluation has grown tremendously in resources and pages--and we are expecting it to continue to grow. To improve the functionality and accessibility, we have created a redesigned site. Some pages will be replaced with new ones, some will be redirected, others will be created from scratch. A complete index of the pages that are set to be created, moved, and redesigned can be found here. The new design mock ups can be found here. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about these changes. We are going to be preserving translations as much as possible -- most translations will be preserved, some pages do need to be wiped out, like the landing page of "Grants:Evaluation" because there will be substantial changes. Thank you in advance for any comments, questions, suggestions! --EGalvez (WMF) (talk) 16:21, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
Possible editing policy change?
I was just wondering how feasible it would be to change the policy for banning edits to a certain page.
Would it be possible to alter some of the settings to still allow basic punctuation, grammar, and spelling edits to pages that get temporarily locked down? I don't know about anybody else, but I get OCD about seeing some of those errors on pages that are currently barred from edits.
Perhaps restrict what characters people can actually use at that time (such as basic punctuation, and letters used specifically for pre/suf-fixes).
I dunno, just a random question.