||This user has a native understanding of English.
||Dieser Benutzer beherrscht Deutsch auf fortgeschrittenem Niveau.
||Este usuario tiene un conocimiento intermedio del español.
||Cet utilisateur dispose de connaissances de base en français.
||משתמש זה מסוגל לתרום ברמה בסיסית של עברית.
Hello, I am Samuel Klein, wikipedian, linguaphile, and inclusionist. I currently direct outreach and community content for a global education project. I am a trustee of the Wikimedia Foundation.
My writing background consists of a few journals and newsletters, doggerel on the back of exams, broadsheets on telephone poles, philosophical essays, and marked-up drafts of [others'] texts in red and blue. My academic background includes physics, mathematics, algorithms and language. In the Wikiverse: you can find me on the English Wikipedia, and occasionally on Wikibooks, Wiktionary (see also mod-wiktionary), the OLPC wiki, and some smaller language wikis: Nahuatl and Swahili. Currently taking collab notes on Hypothesis XXX - synchrony across annotation systems for all sorts of knowledge (e.g., via hypothes.is and open annotation).
To contact me: My talkpage · meta.sj <at> gmail · +1 617 529 4266 · metasj (Skype)
Thoughts on Current movement roles / fundraising / Chapter-WMF discussions
Wikipedia Zero | International grantmaking and US Executive Order 13224
If you need assistance: I also help monitor edits to smaller projects. Please leave me a message or request.
17 new pages on meta:
- 16:58, 20 May 2013 Flow/fr (hist) [9,504 bytes] Guillom (talk | contribs)
- 16:55, 20 May 2013 Flow/en (hist) [9,416 bytes] FuzzyBot (talk | contribs)
- 15:18, 20 May 2013 Wikimedia Foundation elections/Board elections/2013/hu (hist) [6,706 bytes] Bdamokos (talk | contribs)
- 13:52, 20 May 2013 Wikimedia Bolivia/Actividades/Editatón Museo SF (hist) [3,239 bytes] 220.127.116.11 (talk)
- 13:19, 20 May 2013 Wikimedia Blog/Drafts/How and why I ended up at the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 in Malmö (hist) [13,650 bytes] Abbedabb (talk | contribs) originally created as "Wikimedia Blog/Drafts/Hur och varför jag hamnade på Eurovision Song Contest i Malmö"
- 10:15, 20 May 2013 Requests for comment/Scope of Ombudsman Commission/nl (hist) [6,007 bytes] Mathonius (talk | contribs)
- 01:52, 20 May 2013 Wikimedia Blog/Drafts/download problem (hist) [397 bytes] 18.104.22.168 (talk)
- 20:51, 19 May 2013 Wikimedia Blog/Drafts/Help us design our next-generation discussion system (hist) [3,401 bytes] Jorm (WMF) (talk | contribs)
- 20:25, 19 May 2013 Wikimedia Bolivia/Proyectos/WLM (hist) [3,775 bytes] Alhen (talk | contribs)
- 16:42, 19 May 2013 Wikimedia Foundation elections 2013/Committee/en-gb (hist) [2,123 bytes] Ayo99cp (talk | contribs)
- 10:59, 19 May 2013 FDC portal/Proposals/2013-2014 round1/Wikimedia Australia/Letter of intent (hist) [3,290 bytes] Steven Zhang (talk | contribs)
- 10:47, 19 May 2013 FDC portal/Proposals/2013-2014 round1/Wikimedia Australia (hist) [349 bytes] Steven Zhang (talk | contribs)
- 02:32, 19 May 2013 Wikimedian in Residence on Open Science/Tab header/Tab-inactive (hist) [173 bytes] Daniel Mietchen (talk | contribs)
- 01:02, 19 May 2013 Single User Login finalisation announcement/zh (hist) [1,564 bytes] 石 (talk | contribs)
- 00:59, 19 May 2013 Single User Login finalisation announcement/Personal announcement/zh (hist) [1,448 bytes] 石 (talk | contribs)
- 23:15, 18 May 2013 WikiBunk/supporters (hist) [232 bytes] KenjiCrosland (talk | contribs)
- 22:48, 18 May 2013 WikiBunk (hist) [2,233 bytes] Qoncept (talk | contribs)
News: Managing translations revisited. Long-term strategy for Wikimedia projects is being discussed and planned with some vigor | How Wikipedia Works, a book on using Wikipedia from nostarch press (with cameos by the sister projects) | LSS revived! | coralline ideas for generalized message-distribution : a way around the 100-mailing-list coordination problem. | Pimp your edits! | Mailing lists/cleanup
Interesting: Modern translation and coordination @ the Embassy, pages linked from Requests. A new Stewards noticeboard. A new Main page? Level activity across request types, improve feedback for uses of Special:CentralAuth, improve [[Help:]] pages about cross-wiki special pages/tools. New contributor objections
Fun: SJ Klein with Wikipedian Guy, reprises of old Wikimedia Quarto sidefeatures... like interviews with Ward Cunningham and Larry Lessig.
Pressworthy pages : User:Sj/PR
Village Pumps: ar, da, de, eo, es, fr, it, ja, nl, sv, zh, bab
Top of the desk. Active projects (see also Project map) | Wikiproject group, Digitizing and Translation with MW... Digest / on en: | Annonces | MP
elian excellence: Incoming tech requests | Wikipedia languages
meta-slimming: Historical Wikipedia pages | statistics, on en:
- old pages to slim: The importance of being Wikipedia, ...
- older budget thoughts : Long term plans
- communication models : the Why Give blog
- Mania over time
- Deleted pages to watch : <empty>
WMF events future: (see Board agenda; other agenda; &c. Last 2 quarters' planning unexpectedly light; energy drawn into private channels)
WMF events past: WMF.org chat, #wm, Sat July 24 | Vereins-Chat, #wm.de, Fri July 30 | Wikimania, August 2005
WM News, Sept 10+. | W-News | M:HP | Babel/Babylon
21 fahrplan, Dec 26-28
Status, Thoughts 
My favorite - but why wasn't this #1?
I am thinking of ways to
- improve key sites: Wikimedia website(Main, Fundraising, GFDL), http://www.wikimedia.org redirection page
- improve key meta pages: Goings-on(t), Meta:Babel(t, Interorg relations.)
- move meta-discussions to meta:, from en: and other subprojects.
- improve community:
- better multilingualism / translation across WM,
- nuanced interactions with new users, playful trolls, nascent vandals, non-editor readers; article validation
- meshed ideas, empirics, and [pre]conceived notions relating to community infrastruture, vision-building, interaction, insight and insanity, ...
- unify discussion: power structures within WM and across WP-instances (covering Ver ein/ Wreader and es: split issues as well as the mundane)
- help propose new projects: Wikifamily, Wikinews, Pa/Pr/Fu, Media, Prufing, Review...
- design a few feature improvements
- help people who reuse wikimedia content recognize the projects the content came from
- help others and future selves see what I see
- share test writing and wiki work
Topics belonging uniquely here:
Other Topics 
+ Developer committee, Finance committee, Editor committee, PR committee -- for helping to coordinate and divide labor in those key areas.
+ Translation crew for discussing and processing multilingual issues; translation, communication, official languages, &c.
+ Press Corps for handling press IDs, contacting major events, getting exclusive interviews and photoshoots. See also Wikews.
+ Other groups to plan for Grants, Collateral, Legal issues, Outreach/User groups, Publicity, Print issues, Partnerships.
+ WM-wide mesh ('organization chart', 'project map', 'topic map', 'discussion counter', 'Wikipedia languages')
+ My MediaWiki feature requests
+ Division of labor requests
+ (c): Jamesday on #wp, en:Wikipedia:Copyright...
+ Chapters: Verein, Association, eo chapter in France...
+ New pages, Article validation, villi...
(general note : soughameter optional)