Grants talk:Kannan Shanmugham - WikiSangamotsavam 2012/Malayalam Wiki Conference 2012
- Could you please elaborate what the "pre-conference expenses" include? Abbasjnr (talk) 19:26, 17 April 2012 (UTC)
- Also, under "food and accommodation", please include the estimated amount of people that have been catered for. You could perhaps indicate this in the "remarks" section. Abbasjnr (talk) 19:26, 17 April 2012 (UTC)
- Pre- Conference expenses means the expenses meant for preparation of the conference such as traveling of organizing committee members, expenses for organizing committee meetings etc. A detailed discussion about all these thing is going on in this page. But I am extremely sorry for the non- translation of the page into English. Here I am only translate the relevant portion of the same.
|No||Item||Rate (INR)||Amount (INR)||Remarks|
|1||Cmmunication (for sending letters
& phnone charges)
|3||Printing (Posters, Banners etc.)||35000|
|4||Travelling (for Org. Commty. Members)||1000|
|5||Food (for Org. Commty. Members)||1000|
|6||Outreach Programmes (Wiki Academies, Contests ect.)||5000|
- Expected participation in the Wikisangamotsavam is 200. We have to arrange two days provisions for food & accommodation for 200 people. Now I am stated that in remarks column.
But kindly see that WMF need not consider to sanction the expense for food and accommodation. It only stated in the page as to show the total expense for the programme. We only seek the support for the expenses decribed in the C - Schedule of the request page.--Adv.tksujith (talk) 01:42, 19 April 2012 (UTC)
- It is very clear that the organisors are really in trouble due to some problems from the Sponsors. They are really trying hard to organise required funds. To get the conference going, grant is very much essential.
Expected source of income
- Thanks for your concern... In fact the Malayalam Wiki Community had an initial plan to mobilize the funds from locally, especially from Government of Kerala (State Government in Union of India). We had submitted detailed project proposals before two governmental agencies which supports IT initiatives. Unfortunately both requests were not considered properly due to the bureaucratic limitations and latches. They were also communicate their stand in last hour. But they did not totally neglect Wikipeia. They sanctioned Rs. 20,000 as against our proposal for Rs. 1,90,000 :)
- This situation compelled us to approach WMF for a grant in this last hour of WIkiSangamotsavam. That is why I am stated in the column as "failure of 2&3 sources. Another thing, we seek the help of WMF for meet the expenses described as C Item. Provisions for Food & Accommodation are already arranged. --Adv.tksujith (talk) 19:58, 17 April 2012 (UTC)