||This language has been verified as eligible.
The language is eligible for a project, which means that the subdomain can be created once there is an active community and a localized interface, as described in the language proposal policy. You can discuss the creation of this language project on this page.
Once the criteria are met, the language committee can proceed with the approval and notify the Board of Trustees for a possible veto.
If you think the criteria are met, but the project is still waiting for approval, feel free to notify the committee and ask them to consider its approval.
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
||Example / Explanation
||vi (SIL, Ethnologue)
||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...
||Language name in English
||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...
||Kanzler31 (P), Ma2nschaft (N), Trần Nguyễn Minh Huy (N), Kimkha (N), Tranminh360 (N), Zia demion (N), Beyoncetan (N), Cheers! (N)
You can optionally list your user name if you're a contributor to the wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
||"Wikinews" in your language
||usually the same as the project name
|Project talk namespace
||"Wikinews talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)
||Files should be uploaded to Commons, but if you want, you can enable local file uploading.
Notes: (1) files on Commons can be used on all wikis; (2) this setting can be changed afterwards; (3) uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info
); (4) localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons
||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)
|Default project timezone
||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)
||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"
||Anything else that should be set
- Đây là đề nghị chính thức mở cửa phiên bản tiếng Việt của Wikinews, một nguồn tin tức wiki có nội dung mở. Wikinews tiếng Việt hiện đang được thử nghiệm.
The Vietnamese Wikipedia is one of the largest Wikipedias and the incubator project for Wikinews is very active. It is not to mention that Vietnamese has more than 80 million speakers worldwide. I am very appalled that no request has been made despite the dynamism of the incubation project.
- Wikipedia tiếng Việt là một trong những Wikipedia lớn nhất. Và dự án Incubator của Wikinews rất tích cực. Vả lại tiếng Việt có hơn 80 triệu người nói trên khắp thế giới. Tôi rất ngạc nhiên rằng chưa có ai yêu cầu điều này mặc dù dự án thử nghiệm rất tích cực.
Arguments in favor / ủng hộ 
- Support --Hoangdacviet 2011
- Support Arguments above Kanzler31 20:35, 13 September 2010 (UTC)
- Support --Ma2nschaft 18:04, 9 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support Quangbao 18:28, 9 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support --minhhuy*= 23:41, 9 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support--Nhan Luong 01:51, 10 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support--Lê 01:58, 10 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support Bongdentoiac 05:08, 10 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support tilamdong
- Support --Zia demion 06:50, 10 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support --nam thuan Nam thuan 10:57, 10 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support Greatpham 15:17, 10 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support --Ultratomio 23:46, 10 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support --Kimkha 02:16, 11 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support farewell…]]u.t.c 15:08, 11 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support --Tranminh360 (talk) 14:54, 13 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support --minhthang*=
- Support --A 2012 (talk)
- Support ủng hộ--Meba 08:35, 15 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support ----Globalphilosophy (-̮̮̃•̃) (ღTalk♥) 01:38, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support Banhtrung1 (talk) 03:57, 6 April 2013 (UTC)
Please don't just say "support", this will not help to create the Vietnamese Wikinews. Instead, work on the test wiki at Incubator. If it is active enough, it will be approved. SPQRobin (talk) 12:25, 12 April 2011 (UTC)
- Xin đừng chỉ nói "ủng hộ", làm như vậy sẽ không giúp tạo ra Wikinews tiếng Việt. Thay vào đó, hãy đóng góp vào wiki thử nghiệm tại Incubator. Nếu nó đủ tích cực, nó sẽ được chấp nhận. SPQRobin (talk) 12:25, 12 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support - Vietnamese is a language that indeed has many speakers. It has a strong community on Wikipedia and with the huge amount of articles on their own Wikipedia, Wikinews would be good for this language.--Anton 008 10:20, 15 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support HalcyonL 17:40, 29 November 2011 (UTC)
- Support cho thêm phiếu nữa!Trongphu (talk) 00:47, 29 May 2012 (UTC)
- Support Go go Wikinews! 22.214.171.124 03:39, 29 May 2012 (UTC)
- Support Hai tay--Thần y (talk) 13:29, 30 May 2012 (UTC)
- Support --A (talk) 14:39, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
Arguments against / phản đối 
- Against Es.ntp 08:37, 10 April 2011 (UTC) because personally I find there are many many articles which are not so good eventually very bad and comprises of just a few words. Wikipedia tiếng Việt should be well improved before another Wiki Project launched. Es.ntp 15:10, 12 April 2011 (UTC).
- Against --Abeille ouvrière 05:01, 11 April 2011 (UTC)
- Reason? Don't forget Vietnamese Wikipedia, a big Wikipedia had over 200.000 articles --minhhuy*= 12:12, 10 April 2011 (UTC)
- Against. I believe that Vietnamese Wikinews will be used by some people as a place for telling the bad things about Vietnamese government, as they did in many other wikimedia's project. Trannhatanh89 14:34, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
- Evidence? --minhhuy*= 01:46, 24 April 2011 (UTC)
- What's wromg with that? 126.96.36.199 15:30, 17 June 2012 (UTC)