Requests for new languages/Wikinews Vietnamese
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikinews Vietnamese|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||vi (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Vietnamese||Language name in English|
|Language name||Tiếng Việt||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q9199 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Links||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||Wikinews||"Wikinews" in your language|
|Project namespace||Wikinews||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Thảo luận Wikinews||"Wikinews talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:WikiNews-Logo-en.svg||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Hanoi||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||"Cổng thông tin", "Thảo luận Cổng thông tin"||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit Phabricator task. It will include everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings. After creating the task, add a link to the comment.|
- Đây là đề nghị chính thức mở cửa phiên bản tiếng Việt của Wikinews, một nguồn tin tức wiki có nội dung mở. Wikinews tiếng Việt hiện đang được thử nghiệm.
The Vietnamese Wikipedia is one of the largest Wikipedias and the incubator project for Wikinews is very active. It is not to mention that Vietnamese has more than 80 million speakers worldwide. I am very appalled that no request has been made despite the dynamism of the incubation project.
- Wikipedia tiếng Việt là một trong những Wikipedia lớn nhất. Và dự án Incubator của Wikinews rất tích cực. Vả lại tiếng Việt có hơn 80 triệu người nói trên khắp thế giới. Tôi rất ngạc nhiên rằng chưa có ai yêu cầu điều này mặc dù dự án thử nghiệm rất tích cực.
(merged from Requests for new languages/Wikinews Vietnamese 2 which was prematurely created):
- Đây là đề nghị chính thức lần thứ 2 yêu cầu mở cửa phiên bản tiếng Việt của Wikinews, một nguồn tin tức wiki có nội dung mở. Wikinews tiếng Việt hiện vẫn đang được thử nghiệm.
Currently, Vietnam is in the development of technology, have more than 30 million people read the newspaper every day. They need reputable sources like Wikinews and this project is also part of the dynamics of the incubation project!
Hiện nay, Việt Nam đang trong thời kỳ phát triển của công nghệ, có hơn 30 triệu người đọc báo mỗi ngày. Họ cần các nguồn báo có uy tín như Wikinews và dự án này cũng nằm trong sự năng động của dự án ươm tạo!
- @JohnsonLee01: The first request didn't closed, why make second? --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 21:45, 5 July 2020 (UTC)
Arguments in favor / ủng hộ
- Support --Hoangdacviet 2011
- Support Arguments above Kanzler31 20:35, 13 September 2010 (UTC)
- Support --Ma2nschaft 18:04, 9 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support Quangbao 18:28, 9 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support --minhhuy*= 23:41, 9 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support--Nhan Luong 01:51, 10 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support--Lê 01:58, 10 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support Bongdentoiac 05:08, 10 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support tilamdong
- Support --Zia demion 06:50, 10 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support --nam thuan Nam thuan 10:57, 10 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support Greatpham 15:17, 10 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support --Ultratomio 23:46, 10 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support --Kimkha 02:16, 11 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support farewell…u.t.c 15:08, 11 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support --Tranminh360 (talk) 14:54, 13 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support --minhthang*=
- Support --A 2012 (talk)
- Support ủng hộ--Meba 08:35, 15 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support ----Globalphilosophy (-̮̮̃•̃) (ღTalk♥) 01:38, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support Banhtrung1 (talk) 03:57, 6 April 2013 (UTC)
Please don't just say "support", this will not help to create the Vietnamese Wikinews. Instead, work on the test wiki at Incubator. If it is active enough, it will be approved. SPQRobin (talk) 12:25, 12 April 2011 (UTC)
- Xin đừng chỉ nói "ủng hộ", làm như vậy sẽ không giúp tạo ra Wikinews tiếng Việt. Thay vào đó, hãy đóng góp vào wiki thử nghiệm tại Incubator. Nếu nó đủ tích cực, nó sẽ được chấp nhận. SPQRobin (talk) 12:25, 12 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support - Vietnamese is a language that indeed has many speakers. It has a strong community on Wikipedia and with the huge amount of articles on their own Wikipedia, Wikinews would be good for this language.--Anton 008 10:20, 15 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support HalcyonL 17:40, 29 November 2011 (UTC)
- Support cho thêm phiếu nữa!Trongphu (talk) 00:47, 29 May 2012 (UTC)
- Support Go go Wikinews! 184.108.40.206 03:39, 29 May 2012 (UTC)
- Support Hai tay--Thần y (talk) 13:29, 30 May 2012 (UTC)
- Support --A (talk) 14:39, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
- Strong support --Assoc (talk) 04:36, 22 January 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Ituafmq (talk) 18:31, 2 November 2020 (UTC)
- Strong support I hope this project will grow and useful for all people --Nghiemtrongdai VN (talk) 10:08, 3 January 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support Vi Vantrata (?????) 04:43, 9 February 2022 (UTC)
Arguments against / phản đối
- Against Es.ntp 08:37, 10 April 2011 (UTC) because personally I find there are many many articles which are not so good eventually very bad and comprises of just a few words. Wikipedia tiếng Việt should be well improved before another Wiki Project launched. Es.ntp 15:10, 12 April 2011 (UTC).
- Against --Abeille ouvrière 05:01, 11 April 2011 (UTC)
- Reason? Don't forget Vietnamese Wikipedia, a big Wikipedia had over 200.000 articles --minhhuy*= 12:12, 10 April 2011 (UTC)
- Against. I believe that Vietnamese Wikinews will be used by some people as a place for telling the bad things about Vietnamese government, as they did in many other wikimedia's project. Trannhatanh89 14:34, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
- Evidence? --minhhuy*= 01:46, 24 April 2011 (UTC)
- What's wromg with that? 220.127.116.11 15:30, 17 June 2012 (UTC)
- Oppose --Gunofficial1998 (talk) 09:19, 6 November 2019 (UTC)
- Why not? And don't forget the Vietnamese Wikipedia - a big Wikipedia with 1.260.000+ articles. --Nghiemtrongdai VN (talk) 10:10, 3 January 2021 (UTC)
When to approve?
I think this project has more activities now, so the possibility of approval can be considered. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 04:02, 30 July 2018 (UTC)
- @StevenJ81: What's your idea on this? --18.104.22.168 03:15, 13 February 2019 (UTC)