Hello, I'm Robin and I live in Flanders.
My work mainly involves the creation of new wikis, and supporting less-active wikis (especially in languages that need technical/language support).
- I work mainly on the Wikimedia Incubator (sysop, bureaucrat, importer)
- A bot to help me :)
- I am member of the language committee
- I help importing new created wikis from Incubator to the new wikis
- I'm sometimes active on Translatewiki.net (translation is required for new wikis..)
- I have a toolserver account that will be used for tools for Incubator etc
- I am a MediaWiki developer (with +2 rights), and I also developed an extension specially for Wikimedia Incubator (for the test wiki system)
- Mid-2011 I was active in improving RTL support of MediaWiki, later on more general language support
- I am a steward since 2014 (previously a global sysop since 2011)
- Board member of Wikimedia Belgium since 2016
A little wiki history... First, I was an active contributor on the Dutch Wikipedia (first edit on 23 March 2006). Around February-April 2007 I discovered the "wiki-world" outside of Wikipedia (I found Meta, Incubator and Translatewiki), where I slowly became active. Since July/August 2007 I am almost inactive on the Dutch Wikipedia. Now I (either regularly or occasionally) edit various wikis: Wikidata (where I am an administrator), Dutch Wikipedia, English Wikipedia, English Wiktionary, ...
See right for Babel info. My native language is Flemish (Dutch as spoken in Flanders). Level of English is quite good thanks to the interwebs. Other languages are French and German, but to a lesser extent (trying to improve though). Afrikaans also quite good thanks to similarity with Flemish/Dutch (but only af-1 because I don't often come in contact with the language). I learnt Latin and a bit of Ancient Greek as classical language, but forgot most of it :) I want to learn more languages, but I can never decide which one to learn first :) In any case, I have some knowledge of other Germanic and Romance languages due to their similarity with languages I know.
- My username is a contraction/blend/whatever of SPQR (I was interested in Roman history) + Robin (my given name).
- I have SUL enabled.
- Bestätigt auf der deutschsprachigen Wikipedia
How to contact me
- Just put a message on my talk page here.
- You can email me (this will notify me the most quickly if I'm not on IRC).
- On IRC, I used to be regularly online in various channels. My nick is "SPQRobin" there as well, but "CountOfFlanders" when offline (though it often seems to use SPQRobin even when offline..). My "home" channel is #wikimedia-incubator, and I can also be found on #mediawiki-i18n, #mediawiki, ...