I came across this article:
Does this effect the automatic reduction of our jpeg images when showing an image as 200px wide?
TeunSpaans 06:23, 26 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Proposal for "playbox" feature to help page rendering
See http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3574 (ignore the silly ideas I came up with first, I am convinced this one will work). It is for a box like an image thumbnail but with buttons for information about the media, playing the media, and a caption. If you like it, vote for it! Dunc|☺ 12:48, 2 October 2005 (UTC)
There is a current problem with playing sounds. I have therefore devised a playbox which is here on the right. If it looks like an image box, that's because basically it is. It's not that pretty at the moment, but that can be easily fixed. It's the structure and form that are important now.
There are three columns each with a link and a button (which we'll have to get these made to look pretty but these placeholders are okay for the moment):
- Indicates whether it is a sound file or a video file, e.g. be a copy of http://en.wikipedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/icons/fileicon-ogg.png for ogg file. Clicking the link or icon takes you through to the image description page and more data about the file.
- Clicking on the second play icon plays/downloads the file.
- For help because these files are quite complicated.
The caption goes beneath the box, as with pictures.
There are also a few formatting issues that needs to be sorted out as all of it ought to be blue and there are white lines where the table is. I'm also not sure that the text and the icons are required, maybe just the icons with alt text would suffice.
Still, neat, eh?
Please comment here. If you like it vote for it and it'll get noticed. Please say whether you prefer the version with or without the text. I think I'm inclining towards the one without the text. Dunc|☺ 12:48, 2 October 2005 (UTC)
Is there any support for RSS-enclosures/podcasting planned -- for example via a category or newpags RSS feed? Thanks, John
Let's plan a meeting to discuss what's going on now with multimedia in mediawiki and on the projects, how we can push the envelope on such collaborations, and how much of a priority this is. +sj
please list when you could make such a meeting
- 2nd week in September, anytime after 1800 UTC : Sj 14:56, 5 September 2006 (UTC)
- Almost any time before the 14th or after the 19th; see my calendar.--Eloquence 21:09, 5 September 2006 (UTC)
- I am pretty widely available especially on weekdays for the rest of September. Mdale 04:21, 12 September 2006 (UTC)