From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Recent software changes
- The latest version of MediaWiki (1.23wmf17) was added to test wikis and MediaWiki.org on March 6. It will be added to non-Wikipedia wikis on March 11, and all Wikipedia wikis on March 13 (calendar).
- You can now use the new search tool (CirrusSearch) on all Wikiquote projects. You can now enable it in your Beta options.  
- It is now easier to edit templates. Complex tools are now in the "advanced" mode.  
- It is also easier to edit images. You now have more options and they are explained better. 
- VisualEditor adds fake blank lines so you can put your cursor there. They are now smaller and animated to be different from actual blank lines. 
- We have improved the tool to add special characters. The buttons are now larger. More changes are coming. 
- You can now use new keyboard shortcuts to undo the last action, clear formatting, and show the shortcut help window.   
Future software changes
- You will soon be able to use a Beta option to show a shorter list of language links. That way, Universal Language Selector will only show languages that are relevant to you. You will still be able to search for other languages. 
- CirrusSearch will soon automatically index newly imported pages.  
- An IRC discussion with the Wikimedia Foundation Language Engineering team will take place on March 12 at 17:00 UTC on the channel #wikimedia-office on Freenode (time conversion).