subject line in Flow
- @Lydia Pintscher (WMDE): That's been almost fixed for a few weeks, but Matt keeps getting re-assigned to more urgent things. >.< However, once phab:T59153 is resolved, topic titles will be parsed the same as edit-summaries. Cheers, Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 00:22, 19 November 2015 (UTC)
Page View API
-  too? I'm told it shouldn't impact community people, but better safe? If you need any details, please ask Anomie. --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 19:42, 17 November 2015 (UTC)
My personal pet peeve: latest tech news (Tech/News/2015/49) uses the MDY date format in a few places. And worse, it also uses DMY ;) Please be consistent, and preferably standardize towards DMY. (https://i.imgur.com/Ev6xBLB.png) Matma Rex (talk) 23:53, 30 November 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for pointing it out! Will try to keep it in mind. :) /Johan (WMF) (talk) 13:27, 2 December 2015 (UTC)
Major issue not reported
I would like to know why phab:T117332 has not made it to a Tech news post yet (correct me if I'm wrong). This is a major issue as many pages that have been tagged for speedy deletion (e.g. on enwiki) do not show up in the speedy category, and hence may never get deleted. This may or may not include BLP attack pages and copyright violations. — MusikAnimal talk 16:15, 22 December 2015 (UTC)
- I don't see the related Tech News tag in that task. You may want to see Tech/News#contribute to learn how to help in the future (notice the next issue is due in January). Thanks, --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 16:52, 22 December 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks, MusikAnimal. Some things that ought to turn up in Tech News don't simply because the editors of the newsletter have not been made aware of what's happening – we keep track of as much as we can, but since we have so many other things we need to do in addition to watching Phabricator, we're dependent on other people pointing it out to us if we don't stumble upon it ourselves. This can be done in several ways: adding it to the next Tech News issue or adding user-notice in Phabricator are the best ways, but e.g. writing on this talk page usually works fine as well. :) /Johan (WMF) (talk) 13:18, 4 January 2016 (UTC)
Some detailed information?
I was directed to this page by the latest tech news and it told me that I can write in my language (Chinese) on this page.
- Thank you for your feedback. It's very true that by keeping the newsletter as short as it is, we keep everyone who doesn't speak English out of the conversation, since what's just linked usually don't get translated. Thanks for the reminder. /Johan (WMF) (talk) 13:19, 4 January 2016 (UTC)
How "unsibscribe" - future "automatically congratulate users for reaching certain edit count milestones"? Internet make many spam and I know how can see total edit count. — Jackie 18:51, 29 January 2016 (UTC)