|← Requests and proposals||Translation requests||Archives →|
|Welcome to the Meta-Wiki translation portal. This page points to translation requests on Meta. It also has information and help on how to translate, and how to sign up to help with translation. See the Babylon for more general info.|
How to translate
- Find something in the translators dashboard that you would like to translate
- Click relevant section
- Start translating
How to request a translation
- If it doesn't exist yet, create the page you want to be translated here on Meta-Wiki.
- Follow the tutorial to prepare the page for translation (steps 1 and 2 of the tutorial).
- A translation administrator (or yourself if you're one) will see the page on Special:PageTranslation and mark it for translation (step 3 of the tutorial).
If you don't understand what to do and the documentation doesn't help, or translation administrators haven't seen your request, ask for help (transcom members are also a suitable target for direct requests).
Best practices in short (read more):
- Make the source text as clear and understandable as possible. When a text is to be translated, clarity comes before conciseness.
- For texts used outside of Meta, it is recommended that you include an explanation or a link showing the context of the original.
- Think about when you want the translation to be ready, and which languages it is most relevant to translate the given text into, and specify those on the page itself.
|The automatic list of the translations needed in your language with the new system (Translate extension) is on Special:LanguageStats.|
- Translators-l, a mailing list frequently used to notify translators about new translation requests
- (for translation administrators): Special:NotifyTranslators (signup stats, brief documentation)
Requests for: permissions (global) — bot status — CheckUser information (local) — deletion (speedy deletions: local | multilingual) — translation — logos — URL blacklisting — username changes (local) — SUL problem solving — new languages — adminship on Meta — comments — interwiki map — an account on WMF wiki — help from a Meta sysop or bureaucrat