|Welcome to the Meta-Wiki translation portal. This page points to translation requests on Meta. It also has information and help on how to translate, and how to sign up to help with translation. See the Babylon for more general info.
How to translate 
- Find something in the translators dashboard that you would like to translate
- Click it
- Start translating
See the tutorial for details.
Moreover, below there are some manual requests using the old system (see Translation FAQ).
How to request a translation 
- If it doesn't exist yet, create the page you want to be translated here on Meta-Wiki.
- Follow the tutorial to prepare the page for translation (steps 1 and 2 of the tutorial).
- A translation administrator (or yourself if you're one) will see the page on Special:PageTranslation and mark it for translation (step 3 of the tutorial).
If you don't understand what to do and the documentation doesn't help, or translation administrators haven't seen your request, ask for help (transcom members are also a suitable target for direct requests).
Best practices in short (read more):
- Make the source text as clear and understandable as possible. When a text is to be translated, clarity comes before conciseness.
- For texts used outside of Meta, it is recommended that you include an explanation or a link showing the context of the original.
- Think about when you want the translation to be ready, and which languages it is most relevant to translate the given text into, and specify those on the page itself.
Manual requests 
- These are currently open requests for translation, which require help from translators and other editors.
You may find open requests at Special:LanguageStats too.
- Perpetual translation requests that are not in the new Translate extension
- Requests in priority
- Other requests from Transcom
- Additional translation requests from Wikimedia community
See also